Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 02:49 PM

281 posts, read 1,380,509 times

Advertisements

I'd drive it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 04:13 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,265,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by userlovecars View Post
This is the world's most expensive and fastest production car ever made.
and yet it does absolutely nothing for me.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:39 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,273,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
Is it just me, or does the grill remind anyone else of another car?
Bugatti has been using a similar grill design since the 20s and 30s. It's a Bugatti trademark much the same way the "kidneys" in the grill are a trademark of BMW. Here are pictures of a 1920s, 1930s, 1950s and 1990s-era Bugattis respectively:

Old 09-21-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
In a bad mood this morning, aren't we?

Since you mentioned Cadillacs...
(Some people do enjoy looking at photos of classic Cadillacs, shocking as it may seem.)
Fine, so start your own Cadillac Lovers thread instead of co-opting everyone else's threads.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:22 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,345,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Fine, so start your own Cadillac Lovers thread instead of co-opting everyone else's threads.
Since when did you become the moderator and tell others how and what to post?
Actually, that is a good idea. I just may start a Cadillac thread!
I notice you will use every opportunity to post a lot of photos of Bugattis.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:02 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,434,858 times
Quote:
He's right. Its getting ridiculous. Every other thread on the automotive forum is clogged with your pics of Caddies and muscle cars, and its quite annoying. There could be a thread about school buses and you'd find a way to post your pics of your Caddy, etc.

Back on topic, the Veyron is honkingly fast. I believe it rips 0-186 mph in 14 seconds, which is when most vehicles on the road are hitting about 80 mph or so. That kind of power is intoxicating to say the least. The price tag is ridiculous and there are several other cars Id rather drive, but if youre looking for exclusivity and mind-numbing acceleration, the Veyron is king. For now.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Since I got tired of seeing you steer the thread toward a discussion of Cadillacs and/or muscle cars and post pictures of the same cars over and over no matter how tenuously connected to the actual topic of the thread.
Quote:
This is the first time I've posted photos of Bugattis and I did it because it was actually relevant to the thread topic.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
He's right. Its getting ridiculous. Every other thread on the automotive forum is clogged with your pics of Caddies and muscle cars, and its quite annoying. There could be a thread about school buses and you'd find a way to post your pics of your Caddy, etc.
Relax. I posted one photo of a '69 Dodge Charger Daytona in this thread.

When I post photos of my cars, it is usually in threads asking about cars members own or dream cars.

So, again, relax.

It's only "annoying" to you because you lack the good taste to like muscle cars and classic Cadillacs.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:09 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,434,858 times
Quote:
Relax. I posted one photo of a '69 Dodge Charger Daytona in this thread.

When I post photos of my cars, it is usually in threads asking about cars members own or dream cars.

So, again, relax.

It's only "annoying" to you because you lack the good taste to like muscle cars and classic Cadillacs.
I dont care if you post pics on a related thread, but posting pics of a buffugly Charger on a thread about a Bugatti is just wrong.

If youre gonna post pics of that Charger, do it on a site pertaining to dinosaur cars or geriatric racing teams or something.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Since I got tired of seeing you steer the thread toward a discussion of Cadillacs and/or muscle cars and post pictures of the same cars over and over no matter how tenuously connected to the actual topic of the thread.
And you can relax, too. As I posted above, the posting of my cars is almost always related to the thread ("What cars do you own," What is your dream car," etc)

Quote:
This is the first time I've posted photos of Bugattis and I did it because it was actually relevant to the thread topic]
And I posted that photo of the '69 Charger Daytona because it was relevant to the thread, too. (I would rather own that than the Bugatti). Big deal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive