Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 07:07 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,768,657 times

Advertisements

I may get one next time around (although the M2 is pretty enticing). However, I wouldn't want to purchase it, just lease. They are fun cars and very nice, but I wouldn't say they are anything exceptional quality-wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 03:15 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,433,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
BMW i8 looks better if I was in the market for another car. Tesla is starting to become common in my neigborhood
Try getting in and out of an i8. Oof!

To the op, after the few years that they've been everywhere around our neighborhood, I think the car (S) is starting to look bubbly and dated. The tech inside remains cool. The range is too short for me. And they don't make a convertible.

I'll stick with my Mercedes right now.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:36 PM

17,369 posts, read 22,129,655 times
I have bought new BMWs, Mercedes and Audis........ I wouldnt buy a Tesla. I don't love the way they look and wonder about the long term stability of the company.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:01 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,425,765 times
I have driven Tesla, and have looked at one, but did not buy one. They are pretty common where I live (both cities) and the Model S has not been updated in terms of design. The technology is a strong selling point, but once the novelty of the electric torque that produces swift acceleration wears off, it's an interesting, technologically advanced transportation appliance, but does not have the soul or personality of a sports car or sports sedan. For $150k, I would expect the third row seating to be covered in at least faux leather, not fabric.

The Model X is hideous, IMO, and the gullwing doors look like a bird of prey, a very strange image for a family crossover. There are better luxury crossovers and SUVs in the same price bracket, without the novelty of an electric drive system, but better executed in terms of luxury features and quality materials, though Tesla tech is a leader in the market.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive