Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 03:11 PM

45,471 posts, read 60,707,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Shelbys did it in the '60s, just like the Cougars and T birds. it's a throwback thing. I added it to my '06 Mustang. I love it.

Yes it was. And not just the Shelbys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 05:22 PM

6,569 posts, read 7,167,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They've even kind of dorked up the tailights on the Mustang, even though the Stang is still really a cool car. But this cute little 1,2,3 blink on the rear tailights is just stupid and not appropriate for a Mustang at all. Just have them blink ok? That's something grandma wants on her Cadillac DeVille, not a Mustang.
Any other lighting things you want to complain about? Aren't those blinking side mirrors driving you nuts and also blinding you?

Old 01-18-2015, 05:28 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
It's actually a very population modification on older Mustangs as well. I think it looks quite nice and adds an interesting effect particularly when done with LED's which have no warm up / cool down delay. It certainly doesn't harm anything and adds a special touch to an otherwise dull blink.
Popular for idiots. They probably painted flames on the sides too.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:57 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,120,747 times
Quote:
Popular for idiots. They probably painted flames on the sides too.
I'm not big on painted flames or decals of any kind for that matter but I'm capable of understanding that my preferences don't necessarily apply to all people and there is nothing wrong with that. For an old guy you sure do have the mindset of a child.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:17 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,277,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
The pink color you saw was due to xenon bulb failure. HID's turn pink as they age.
Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Either that or it was some aftermarket bulb or filter tint. I've seen people driving around with headlights tinted everything from yellow-orange to green to cobalt blue nearly purple.
I wondered if they put something on the outside of the lamp to change the color, like tinting the windows.
They were across the intersection and turning away from me, so I couldn't get a better look.

Whatever the reason, I'd rather have had them behind me than the white LED searchlights.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:08 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
How about these Audi's with the super bright lights in the rear bumper that are separate from the tail lights? Whats the deal with that? They are so bright they look like the brake lights are suck on.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:13 PM

3,380 posts, read 9,217,850 times
Quote:
How about these Audi's with the super bright lights in the rear bumper that are separate from the tail lights? Whats the deal with that? They are so bright they look like the brake lights are suck on.

It is most likely the driver driving with their rear fog light on. Audi cars have had a rear fog light option for years.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:11 PM

22,667 posts, read 24,639,634 times
Arclight............that is what you are looking with a lot of those eyeball-busting headlights. Ever look directly at an arc-welder........kinda the same thing.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:53 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,832,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
This has been bothering me for such a long time, I actually called Click and Clack about it when their show was still on the air. They told me there are no regulations on car companies restricting how many lights are on a car or how bright they are. Headlamps and signal lights must be there, but beyond that it's personal taste/discretion.

I live in the desert where it's VERY dark at night and I swear I'm going to have a seizure one day with some of the cars coming toward me shining lights in my eyes worthy of a CIA interrogation. Yeah, it's really dark. That doesn't give drivers the right never to shut off their high beams even when they are in traffic.

What annoys me most are people who keep their fog lights on all the time. It's not foggy every day very many places (especially not in the desert). If drivers actually need those extra lights to see the roadway, then they should get their cataracts removed or turn in their drivers' licenses.
Nowadayd the fog/driving lights are typically controlled by the headlights, and not a switch. Often they are on automatically with the lobeams. I really hate that they have pretty much done away with the switch, I don't know what irratates me more; lack of an idividual switch, or the fact most of these so-called fog, or driving lights are absolutly superfluos crap thrown on to designate a higher trim level.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,579,057 times
Default Why are head lights and tail lights getting so annoying

What annoys me is the outrageous cost of replacing a burned out headlight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive