Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:47 AM

293 posts, read 310,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Thank you Carnak for trying to tell me what I am thinking.

No, driving at purposefully low speed during rush hour is a ROAD HAZARD. Right or wrong people will get impatient and upset and make irrational moves just to get around some jerk in the road who cannot be bothered to press down on the speedometer because he can save 2 cents in gas.

Is that his fault? Yes, because he is the one unnecessarily causing the bottleneck. That is why it is a ticket-able offense.
It's interesting because nobody wrote that they drive at a "purposefully low speed during rush hour." In fact, you just burst in here and start talking about that. That's for one. For another thing, nobody cares what you think about rush hour in your bizarre mind. It's not crowded because there's one guy up front who is just driving slowly and magically all the traffic would disappear if he just sped up 10 mph, solving rush hour forever. Lastly, it's funny how you say that it's OK to make "irrational moves" because of "some jerk." Clearly, you're just one of these tailgaters who, as I said, is going to try to explain why nothing is your fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 06:49 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,184,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboyo View Post
It's interesting because nobody wrote that they drive at a "purposefully low speed during rush hour." In fact, you just burst in here and start talking about that. That's for one. For another thing, nobody cares what you think about rush hour in your bizarre mind. It's not crowded because there's one guy up front who is just driving slowly and magically all the traffic would disappear if he just sped up 10 mph, solving rush hour forever. Lastly, it's funny how you say that it's OK to make "irrational moves" because of "some jerk." Clearly, you're just one of these tailgaters who, as I said, is going to try to explain why nothing is your fault.
Interesting, because I never said he did. I asked a question of him... You are the one who jumped in and made assumptions.

Don't tell me who I am - just move on along.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 09-15-2014 at 07:05 AM..

Old 09-15-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Interesting, because I never said he did. I asked a question of him... You are the one who jumped in and made ASSumptions.

Don't tell me who I am - just move on along.
Right, and you jumped in to ask a question of him because you were implying that was the situation. Keep trying to cover yourself, though, LOL, it's working!

Old 09-15-2014, 06:51 AM

By the way, you tailgate, right? I'm right.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:53 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,184,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboyo View Post
By the way, you tailgate, right? I'm right.
No, you are dead wrong. Now what?

Old 09-15-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
No, you are dead wrong. Now what?
LOL, I bet I'm not, but OK.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:08 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,316,689 times
I like accelerating briskly off the light. It's fun. And now, with the Volt, I 'm not using any gas to do it, and I'm not using the brakes to slow down if I get to the next red light, as the regen feature does a good job of slowing and recapturing that energy.

What I hate is arrogant people that think that they are entitled to play traffic cop when they aren't one. If I'm accelerating briskly, I'm not negatively affecting you. In fact, I'll be out of your way and gone in a moment.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:10 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,978,514 times
After reading all the posts. I need a drink.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
What I hate is arrogant people that think that they are entitled to play traffic cop when they aren't one.
That's actually just you projecting. If someone's not accelerating as quickly as you, it's not because they're trying to slow you down. They're just not accelerating as quickly as you. That's what hilarious about people with an aggressive personality, they perceive everything as "they're trying to get me!! They're trying to slow me down!!!"

Old 09-15-2014, 07:16 AM

680 posts, read 1,036,752 times
I tend to drive more deliberately and slowly these days but I make sure to do it in the right lane and try not to hold up traffic.

People who do that in the passing lane are being very dangerous and inconsiderate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive