Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,944 times

Advertisements

So I was driving the other day in an area called Cool Springs in Tennessee. This is an area with lots of shopping, office buildings, and resturants. I deliver pizza out in this area and know the usual habits of people in the area compared to other areas I've lived in.

Well, I was headed towards a major intersection in the far right lane trying to turn right. This intersection is notorius for people making a right turn as they cut over into the wrong lane. There are two lanes that can turn right at the intersection. The lane on the left is meant for people to go either straight across the intersection or to make an outside right turn. The right lane is meant for people to make a right turn on the inside or the option of going to the closest right lane which goes directly into an on-ramp after the right turn which goes on to the freeway.

Well my issue yesterday was that I was in the right lane trying to turn right so I could end up in the inside right lane. Simple right? Well the light turns green, and the van in front of me which was also in the lane to turn right just moves up as if to see if it's clear to go as the cars in the lane to the left of us are passing us by. I literaly saw 4 cars pass by and make the outside right turn past us after the light changed. I decided I wasn't going to stay behind this guy any longer who wanted to wait at a green light, so as soon as that left lane cleared out I cut over and went around this idiot and honked my horn. I looked at him and he did not seem distracted or anything, but just had a look on his face as if I was doing something wrong by cutting around him. People overall in this area seem to be a little bit slow in their ability to understand simple concepts of driving.

Anyone else deal with these people who fail to go on green lights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
WTF is this, "whine about every dumb driving incident or habit ever exhibited on public roads" week?

Newsflash: we hand out drivers' licenses by the tens of millions to people who are inadequately trained for the task. Can we just acknowledge that and move on?

Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
WTF is this, "whine about every dumb driving incident or habit ever exhibited on public roads" week?
Nobody gave you the memo yet?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:09 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times
I do not care if the light it green. I am not moving until I finsh this post on Citydata.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,490,241 times
99% of the time, a simple honk will do. The remaining 1% of the time, their car broke and there's not much to do than go around.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,505,211 times
Maybe he wanted to go straight and forgot to turn on turning indicator? He's in right only lane, right?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,852,254 times
Hi all--

I freely admit that when the light goes green and the car in front doesn't get going, I'm the first guy on the horn. I'm usually laid back but it's one of my pet peeves - get going already. Are they waiting for the light to turn greener than it already is or something?

I'm a little more aggressive about it if the driver is clearly distracted (on the phone, etc.)

Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,558,468 times
I live in a retirement community and it happens all the time.
you get use to it.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,175,499 times
Their on medication, drunk, stoned , on the phone, texting, cheating. or just not paying attention, there people, not machines, people are not perfect.

Next time don't pull up so close, leave enough room so you can drive around them if need be.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,882,766 times
Sometimes people don't pay attention, simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive