Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,105,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyf View Post
And a lot of home inspectors won't get on a roof nor will it only cost 2-300 bucks. It's more like double that for a basic home on a slab.

I paid $425 last year, and that included a 60 page report. I went over everything with her, including climbing on the roof. I chose the inspector based on her reputation of being extrememly thorough if not picky. Our agent was a little concerned she'd scare us off the deal, but I preferred to know as much as possible about what we were buying, especially since there was no seller disclosure (estate).

I paid another $200 or so for a sewer scope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,143,205 times
I don't think you understood the adjuster, pre-existing conditions are moot. Insurance doesn't pay for wear and tear. The roof is old, that's it, it's on your dime.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trish7138 View Post
I have a question. I just bought a house in December. It's a Fha loan a Appraisal was done and he marked that the roof was good. Our insurance company came out also and as they put it and inspected the roof as they also put it it was fine. Now a month later we have water damage called the insurance company to put in the claim, insurance adjuster came out got up on the roof and said that the roof is in bad shape and has to be replaced. He said that the homeowners but the roof on wrong. The vent pipe has 4 inches of lead gone of it, the wirley birds are barley on and have to be replaced the valley metal is completley rusted out. Then i got the shock, he told me they are not going to pay for a new roof that was going to be left up to us because this is considered pre excisding. I am so upset. I asked him wait a minute you all inspected this roof before i bought it and said it was good. I was then told that they do not go up on the roof to inspect. So now i have taaken a look at the appraiser report he also stated that the roof was fine. Can anyone help me? FHA loan so would they have gone up on they roof? Can i hold anyone responsible for this roof?
Patricia
How did everything turn out?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:17 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,796,584 times
I don't think you're going to get a response. This person made one post, in the wrong forum, and hasn't responded. They didn't get the answer they wanted to hear so they are probably posting on other forums waiting for someone to tell them they have some recourse for the roof problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive