Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 04:07 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,344,186 times

Advertisements

Worse

Chevy Venture/Pontiac Montana/Oldsmobile Silhouette- It seems like people in these vans are always impeding traffic and are in the way most of these vans are completely rust buckets and should be PUT TO REST. :P

Ford Windstar- Same as the one above.

Toyota Prius- SLOW drivers impeding traffic. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 11:58 AM

26,250 posts, read 49,150,889 times
Default BMW drivers are often dorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
The results are in acceding to this newly released study today.

Yahoo!
The above link no longer works on Yahoo, but I found the story at another link. The result of studies done on drivers found that BMW drivers are more prone to drive like dorks, which matches my observations posted in this thread at this link.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:52 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,897,332 times
The most irritating/oblivious drivers during my commute are primarily found behind the wheel of:

1. Range Rover
2. Audi Q5
3. Toyota Camry
4. Honda Odyssey
5. Lexus LS460

Old 01-19-2014, 06:21 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,683,306 times
Toyota, Toyota, Toyota, Nissan, and Toyota.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:59 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,041,563 times
1. Any older pickup truck with a cap and Toyota Priuses (seems odd to lump these in together). These people seem to have a thing about pulling right smack out in front of 55 mile per hour traffic and then poking along at 15 to 20 below the speed limit. They compound the danger of their failure to yield by being totally unwilling to step on the gas enough to get out of the way. I don't understand how more of these idiots don't get creamed. They also tend to be left lane hogs, which is definitely minor in comparison to the way they cut people off.

2. Lifted pickups and SUVs. While these vehicles look like they would do great out in the woods for a hunting or fishing expedition, most of the ones I see are on pavement, tailgating and otherwise driving aggressively and too fast for conditions. These are "invincible 4×4" crowd who are usually the first ones in the ditch when a snow-storm hits; they seem to think 65 miles an hour is an appropriate speed in the middle of a blizzard.

3. Any fourth generation Buick Regal or eighth generation Buick LeSabre. These people can't time a merge on the highway to save their lives. I usually see them trying to turn their heads entirely around to check for traffic, rather than using their mirrors. Of course, every turn of the head necessitates stepping on the brake. If you see one of these cars in front of you on a highway on-ramp, plan on stopping at the first sign of any traffic, as they won't accelerate to fill the gaps, that requires too much thought and planning.

4. "Riced" Honda Civics, Dodge Neons, and the like. These people seem to think it's a good idea to rev the car to red line with every shift, which of course is very obnoxious with the fart-cannon mufflers they put on those cars. Never mind their shifting habits, obnoxious noise, and uglified ride; most of them seem to think their car modifications entitle them to treat the public roadways as their own personal race track. Often seen wrapped around a tree or telephone pole.

5. Class B dump trucks. Most Class A drivers are worthy of the title, but the people I see driving around in dump trucks tend to be a lot more aggressive and a lot less cautious than their brethren who drive 18-wheelers. They go too fast, they tailgate, and put the public at risk with their bad driving. The trucks also seem to often be in worse condition mechanically than the 18-wheelers I see; which is another bad driving habit (called neglect!).

Old 01-19-2014, 07:14 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,753,609 times
This is a stupid question, stupid people drive all makes and models of cars, trucks, SUVs, coupes, sports cars, tractors, 18-wheelers, rental trucks/cars, moving trucks/cars, dump trucks, police cars, etc.

In general, I have complete and utter disdain for tailgaters.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:27 AM

558 posts, read 1,122,785 times
1. Trailblazers- Most of the drivers seem unaware they are still on planet earth.
2- Impalas- See 'Trailblazers'
3- Buick LaSabre- The light is green...GO!!!
4- Older Toyota Corolla- I know they're reliable, but they do go over 30mph.
5. Blazer- See top 2.

I've noticed this over the years.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,813,845 times
All of the above and more that are driven by young people 25 years of age and younger !!!!

Old 02-12-2014, 06:14 PM

4,676 posts, read 3,877,996 times
I regularly encounter each of these on one trip due to the variety of neighborhoods in Milwaukee.

1. Volkwagen Golf/Rabbit (any year) - these drivers are always about a foot from my bumper. Half the time the driver is 19 y/o with earbuds in his ear.

2. Mazda 3 (any year) - Again, these drivers are often a foot from my bumper. The driver is a 22 year old male with a heavy foot who thinks he's driving a Nissan GTR.

3. BMW 3 series (2004 to present) - Similar to above with the tailgating, but this driver is a young professional male who recently graduated college and is trying to impress his friends with his new $60k salary. He'll never let you in on the interstate & at the same time he'll always be found in the left lane 2 feet from the bumper on the car ahead of him. He gives another reason to stay in the right or middle lane on the interstate.

4. Audi Q7/Q5 (recent) - The rich Mom with her child who is late for piano lessons. This driver is TICKED and will run you off the road if you don't move out of her way ASAP. She's also on her cell phone while yells at the nanny for not buying the organic soy milk she wrote down on the shopping list. Next she's going to call her child's teacher to remind him/her about how special her child is compared to the other students in the private school.

5. Pontiac Bonneville (any year that still runs) - This driver is stoned or drunk or both while they swerve between lanes. They never blinker & they're driving 10 under the speed limit. Yet they're somehow safer than the above four!

Last edited by everwinter; 02-12-2014 at 06:44 PM..

Old 02-13-2014, 05:57 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,630,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
2. Mazda 3 (any year) - Again, these drivers are often a foot from my bumper. The driver is a 22 year old male with a heavy foot who thinks he's driving a Nissan GTR.
Maybe if you were driving correctly and knew the rules of the road I wouldn't be on your bumper.

When people glue themselves to your bumper like that it's invariably because you're doing something stupid, like cruising in the wrong lane. The left lane is for passing. When you're done passing you're supposed to move back to the right until you have to pass again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive