Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 04:31 PM

22,681 posts, read 24,681,045 times

Advertisements

Idiots..........total idiots driving around when the visibility is very poor....and they are too lazy/dumb to turn on their headlights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 PM

439 posts, read 897,241 times
It's probably been said already, but people who leave their high beams on, drive me insane. Especially when you've been on a dark road for a while. That glare from those lights are brutal!

Oh! And I HATE it when you're waiting in traffic and then you get some jack %$#'s that use the shoulder lane to drive by everyone else waiting in their proper lanes!

Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,290,012 times
Those who do not use turn signals.
Those that enter from a cross-street causing me to slow down to avoid accident when there is a huge, safer gap behind me.
Those who do not use headlights when raining, foggy, low visibilty. I know it won't help you see, nimrod, but it sure as heck will help me see you!

Old 01-20-2012, 01:05 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,042,815 times
Quote:
What irritates you about other people's driving habits?
The fact that I'm not the only one on the road. There for I hate every driver on the road.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:34 PM

26,260 posts, read 49,168,003 times
- Not using signals
- Following too closely
- Following for long distances without passing, then suddenly get a wild hair to go storming by
- Erratic speed, up/down, up/down when they're in front of me
- Hanging out in the left lane
- Using a phone while driving
- Sudden lane changes
- Slowing down for green lights
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:34 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,920,838 times
Here's one I haven't seen mentioned:

You're at a 4 way intersection waiting to turn left. Your light however gives no arrow and you must wait to yield to the oncoming traffic to cross.

The cars going straight take their sweet time getting across the intersection even though they can plainly see YOU waiting to turn left.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:33 PM

116 posts, read 315,104 times
Bandon,
I believe you just should yield to oncoming traffic and don't expect people to be nice just because YOU are waiting.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyvacant View Post
Bandon,
I believe you just should yield to oncoming traffic and don't expect people to be nice just because YOU are waiting.
Of course I yield to the oncoming traffic.

But I also try to be cognizant of other drivers. If I see a line of cars waiting to turn left and know they have no arrow, I try to hustle through the intersection. You have no idea how people drive around these parts. It's a common complaint in our area that people take 20 minutes to get up to the breakneck speed of 35.

Also, I wasn't just thinking of ME, thankyouverymuch. I was thinking of the long line of cars behind me who ALSO want to make it through the light.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:57 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,510,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapanza107 View Post
It's probably been said already, but people who leave their high beams on, drive me insane. Especially when you've been on a dark road for a while. That glare from those lights are brutal!

Oh! And I HATE it when you're waiting in traffic and then you get some jack %$#'s that use the shoulder lane to drive by everyone else waiting in their proper lanes!
I leave my reflector shades behind my back seat and visible outside the back window. Helps reduce the effects of someone with high beams behind (not to mention reflecting a fair amount of it back)!

Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I leave my reflector shades behind my back seat and visible outside the back window. Helps reduce the effects of someone with high beams behind (not to mention reflecting a fair amount of it back)!
Cool

You reminded me of a question. I've always been under the impression that turning your rearview mirror directly at the car behind you will reflect their high beams back at them. Is this true ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive