Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 05:17 PM

236 posts, read 860,526 times

Advertisements

I don't drive, but what my mom and I noticed is that people over here drive way to fast in this one horse town, and drive right up on your ass!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 05:24 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,578,002 times
People who drive below the speed limit. Like 5 to 10mph under.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:26 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,658,428 times
I don't know if this has been mentioned but in Chicago there is a very large fine for parking a tiny bit into the space for buses. There is a HUGE space saved for these buses and every night on my way home the right lane keeps coming to a standstill because the bus driver decides to just stop in the street instead of pulling all the way into his spot.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,669,155 times
Well, it's a combination of things.

When I'm driving somewhere I often get stuck behind someone who isn't driving as fast as I'd like to go. They're obviously idiots.
Then, the idiot finally gets over and someone comes screaming up behind me who wants to drive faster than I want to go. Maniac.

Sometimes when I pull up to a traffic light the person in front of me stops and makes me wait. Why don't they just challenge that yellow light a little bit?
And then, I come up to the next traffic light, it's my turn to go, and some nutjob runs the red light and almost kills me!

Maybe the worst is when there's a merge; some of those a-holes keep drving in the left-hand lane right up to the end of the merge. Drives me nuts.
And what happened to me the other day was almost as bad: I had to merge and nobody would let me in!

I tell you, I've been driving for forty years, and you can count on one hand the number of drivers I've seen who drive the right way: my way.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:19 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,498,251 times
Everything irritates me. I am teaching driver training to other drivers - one moron at a time.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:13 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,145,741 times
My biggest issue is texting and cell phones...people on the phone are as likely to have an accident as someone DRUNK....It needs to stop

Old 02-12-2011, 07:48 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,658,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
My biggest issue is texting and cell phones...people on the phone are as likely to have an accident as someone DRUNK....It needs to stop
I agree!

Old 02-12-2011, 08:32 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,091,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
You know when there's a left turn lane, but you can't get in it until you're up the road far enough because of the big median, so if traffic is backed up from the red light in the non-turn lane you can't get into the turn lane? Well I hate when people in the non-turn lane leave a huge gap in between theirs and the car in front of them. If they'd scoot up closer, they would open it up so that the cars behind them can get into the turn lane. I see people leave huge, 20 foot gaps while they're at a stand-still! And if the left turn light is green but I can't get it because someone apparently has no depth perception... arggh!!!!!! Close it in when you're at a red light, would ya?!
I'm guilty of doing this but I have a good excuse...

Once I was waiting patiently at the left turn lane about four cars back and properly spaced. Left arrow turns green and the cars in front make their turn but not the guy in front of me, he doesn't move a bit! We miss our chance to get thru the intersection and I'm late to get to the pharmacy and get my hyper-tension and tourette medication and I'm getting PO'd and frothing just a tiny amount.

I bang on his window and say; "hey buddy, how 'bout some consideration for us workin' stiffs back here!" Guy ignores me completely as he's got his eyes closed like he's sleeping but is really rigid and appears to have a death grip on his steering wheel. What a jerk.

I wipe off the spittle from his window with my shirt sleeve and go back to my car, give the universal signal of "hey, whada ya gonna do" to the growing line of drivers behind us and we eventually managed to get around Rip Van Winkle and go on our way. I was a bit late to get to the pharmacy but after banging on the door for a while they finally came and got me my pills.

I always leave enough room now so that don't happen again.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:21 AM

910 posts, read 1,678,097 times
Slow merging drivers make me crazy! I hate when I'm trying to get on the highway and the person in front of me wants to go 40

Old 02-12-2011, 01:39 PM

50 posts, read 75,847 times
I hate when people change lanes right in front of you on a completely empty road.

I also hate when two semi trucks are playing the snail racing game taking up both lanes.

I really hate people that stay in the left lane that are not passing people and causing a traffic to backup behind them. (I like to use my oppsote signals when passing these people ie: pulling in right lane use left signal, then pulling back in left lane using right signal)

When someone lets me merge or change lanes I will thank them by flashing my 4 ways a couple times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive