Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2020, 08:09 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,821,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
All Star Race at Bristol. Only the second time ever it's been run somewhere other than Charlotte.

Think I would have preferred somewhere maybe like Richmond, but.. Is what it is.
That announcement came as a pretty big surprise IMO. Richmond would have been nice but I'm still glad its at Bristol rather than Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 04:22 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
That announcement came as a pretty big surprise IMO. Richmond would have been nice but I'm still glad its at Bristol rather than Charlotte.

surprise.. I agree.. I hadn't heard any rumblings about this being a possibility or on the radar.

I don't know about the 'anywhere but Charlotte' arguments. I mean, sure, it'd be great if it was a traveling road show, but.. It's awful hard to toss in an extra California trip during the year.

Charlotte just works.. Gives the teams more time at home.. Not always the greatest racing for a short race like that, but..

Old 06-17-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
surprise.. I agree.. I hadn't heard any rumblings about this being a possibility or on the radar.

I don't know about the 'anywhere but Charlotte' arguments. I mean, sure, it'd be great if it was a traveling road show, but.. It's awful hard to toss in an extra California trip during the year.

Charlotte just works.. Gives the teams more time at home.. Not always the greatest racing for a short race like that, but..
I agree, trying to throw in an extra CA, Las Vegas, Phoenix, TX, etc would be pretty tough. But is would be pretty nice to alternate between say, Charlotte, Bristol, Richmond, Martinsville, and even Atlanta, Daytona, and Dega.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:33 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,924,091 times
They can make it a true All Star race with a 15-20 car max field and have it Bowman-Gray Stadium as a homage to racings roots.

Never going to happen, but it would be cool to see!

Old 06-20-2020, 09:56 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,678,820 times
Interesting. I hope this didn't upset Bubba...

Quote:
TALLADEGA, Al. – A group of peaceful protesters in pickup trucks and on motorcycles – all carrying the rebel battle flag – paraded back and forth on Speedway Boulevard in opposition to NASCAR’s banning of the confederate flag at its events.
https://kickinthetires.net/news/roll...5BAG9oVJhDOiHk

Old 06-22-2020, 06:55 AM

A noose was found hanging in Bubba Wallace's garage stall Sunday at Talladega. I hope whoever did this is found and punished severely. It's one thing to not agree with something but this is taking things WAY to far.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/noose-f...ga-nascar-says

Old 06-22-2020, 07:57 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,090,876 times
Should be reasonably easy to nab the culprit who would do such a stoopid thing.

Access to the garage area is limited to a couple thousand people in total these days.

With cameras and other "eyes" on things all the time, this jerk will be found quickly, kicked out of Motor Racing, charged with a civil rights crime, and hopefully paraded in front of society for the world to see what kind of jacka$$ would pull such a stunt.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:56 AM

17,607 posts, read 15,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Should be reasonably easy to nab the culprit who would do such a stoopid thing.

Access to the garage area is limited to a couple thousand people in total these days.

With cameras and other "eyes" on things all the time, this jerk will be found quickly, kicked out of Motor Racing, charged with a civil rights crime, and hopefully paraded in front of society for the world to see what kind of jacka$$ would pull such a stunt.

Yeah, this one, true or not (You actually have to think that these days) shouldn't take long. Really, really bad time for someone to get this bright idea seeing how few people there are in the garage and how access is controlled.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:11 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,898,735 times
Is this a case of someone saying "Hey, that looks like a noose!" when in realty it was something else? I would really like to see the noose to make a honest judgement. Theres a local video, and L18 knows which one Im talking about, where a car is supposedly drove through a rioting crowd, but it looks like the crowd was attacking the car. It was mentioned the guy started causing the trouble by riding through the crowd on purpose, but no proof, other than the eyewitnesses there, that he did nothing more than try to pull into the parking lot and was basically mugged by the crowd. Who do you believe? Regardless, if this really did happen they way the media is making it out to be, then this is the stupidest thing one person, or group of people can do.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:20 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,908,526 times
I'm sure it was just the work of a very fine person taking the time to display his (or her) proud Confederate heritage (and low IQ).

Never understood why we allow people to glorify a bunch of traitorous losers who fought on the wrong side of history. There are no monuments to Hitler, Goering, Goebbels, etc, and we all know who those scumbags were.

Last edited by bluescreen73; 06-22-2020 at 09:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing