Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 12:29 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,659,752 times

Advertisements

JonasW, I am with on that spin the guy out angle. I hate blocking as much as the next fan but what I hate more is running up to a guy after the race is OVER and pushing him because he blocked you on the track.. TURN him on the track where it really hurts.. I am sure that if you think you might get turned around if you block, you will think twice before you do.. JMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 01:36 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,077,502 times

Tony Stewart Flip 2012 Talladega Big one Fall Race - YouTube

Blocking is bad...........mmmkay!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,895,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Tony was a pathetic jerk, he really needs to put on his big girl panties. Last year he took out half the field doing the same thing.
Yep. That's classic Stewart. He did the same thing. Yet now he cries a river.

This is racing. It's a big boy sport.....plus Danica.

Coming to the end of a race, contending for the win, you damn well better do whatever needs to be done to win......even if it meant spinning out your mama.....I miss Dale Sr.

The wreck between Hamlin and Lagano was simply AWESOME hard racing, the way it should be. They were rubbing and racing and coming right to the end, Lagano threw in it as hard as he could....using 8 wheels, instead of 4. I couldn't asked for anything more. I do not think at all that he simply wanted to wreck Hamlin for retaliation. I think be wanted to win the race bad, particularly over Hamlin, and he finally took the gloves of to try to do it. Good for him....and I am not even a fan of his. Too bad about Denny getting hurt, but that is racing.

Stewart on the other hand is nothing but a stuffed sausage acting like a crybaby punk. The only good thing about him is that every sport needs a character to hate. He's it. I look forward to watching him wreck at every chance possible.

Oh, NASCAR better fine him and fine him BIG for the language used on national TV!

Old 03-26-2013, 04:41 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,581,784 times
No penalties for anyone... I was expecting for Stewart to get one for his comments, but I guess not.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,895,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
No penalties for anyone... I was expecting for Stewart to get one for his comments, but I guess not.
They probably figured Stewart would whine, cry and complain if he was penalized.....which of course he would, being that he is the biggest hypocrite and whiner in the sport.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,659,752 times
I didn't expect a fine.. There are certain words they will let you get away with plus the live broadcast was delayed long enough so they could BLEEP out most of his excerpts. I agree that Stewart was whining and is being a bit of a hypocrite but I also would hate to see NASCAR fine the drivers for harsh words just after a race. As fans we expect them to be HOT and agitated at times and that's what we want to see and hear.. if NASCAR fined them for what they said, which they do often, then that would simply water down their future comments.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 AM

I'm not a big Hamlin fan, so I don't mind that he'll miss some races. Hopefully it allows somone like Stenhouse to make the Chase instead.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:34 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,909,043 times
Smoke is my second favorite driver in the series, but I don't agree with his reaction to the block. In all honesty, he should have turned back across to the right and dumped Sliced Bread into the infield.

No fine was the right call. I think the drivers can say what they want about each other but they cannot disparage the series or the car. (BTW, I disagreed with Hamlin's fine at the time as well. He made a rational statement, not a bad comment at all.)

Old 03-28-2013, 04:03 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,239 times
Sadler in for Hamlin - pending final details being worked out with FedEx.

LINK: Elliott Sadler Filling in for Denny Hamlin

Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM

Nope, Mark Martin.

Jayski's® NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing