Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:32 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,668,155 times

Advertisements

Kyle could end up with more wins across all 3 series than anyone in history.... of course he is now racing his own team at Nationwide which could limit his wins in that series.. But he did could his first win as an owner by winning the Nationwide race last night.. of course his brother was driving...

As for championships.. Jr has more! Jr has 2 in Nationwide and Kyle has 1 in Nationwide.. Both are absent for the Cup championship list but if I were a betting man I would have to say Kyle wins 1 or more at Cup level. I think Jr just wants to win another race in Cup.. I think the Championship at Cup level has all but passed Jr by.. but, I could be wrong.

take it for what its worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 05:50 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,853,519 times
Come on Jr! We need a win!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:50 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,574,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Kyle could end up with more wins across all 3 series than anyone in history.... of course he is now racing his own team at Nationwide which could limit his wins in that series.. But he did could his first win as an owner by winning the Nationwide race last night.. of course his brother was driving...

As for championships.. Jr has more! Jr has 2 in Nationwide and Kyle has 1 in Nationwide.. Both are absent for the Cup championship list but if I were a betting man I would have to say Kyle wins 1 or more at Cup level. I think Jr just wants to win another race in Cup.. I think the Championship at Cup level has all but passed Jr by.. but, I could be wrong.

take it for what its worth.
I don't count the Nationwide trophies as success in that series does not necessarily translate to success in Cup. Look at the wins Mark Martin had in Nationwide, but couldn't dominate in the Cup series that way.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:48 AM

Certainly Cup and Nationwide are not interchangeable and doesn't mean success. I can't name a driver off the top of my head that won a championship at both levels.. i would to look it up. But don't discount the Nationwide series champions as nothing.. that is a tough series to compete in and often offers a more compelling race. I enjoy the Nationwide just as much as Cup especially now that you don't have Cup drives dominating the series in the POINTS.

FWIW, Another 2nd place run for Jr last night. I think you can say, at least for the now, the #88 team is the best Hendrick team so far this year.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:28 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,235,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I can't understand why some people like to bash Jr. he seems like a nice enough guy and he is one of the better drivers in NASCAR.
I don't like his mouth frothing and hand-wringing over so-called "racists" in the grandstands and infield. Why doesn't he lead the way in promoting "diversity" by visiting "diverse" neighborhoods other than his own little gated rich man's enclave?

Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
I don't like his mouth frothing and hand-wringing over so-called "racists" in the grandstands and infield. Why doesn't he lead the way in promoting "diversity" by visiting "diverse" neighborhoods other than his own little gated rich man's enclave?
I don't understand this statement... please elaborate.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:06 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,924,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
What the heck are you talking about?

Old 04-30-2012, 02:05 PM

468 posts, read 827,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't understand this statement... please elaborate.
Monday morning hangover post.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:56 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,574,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
Monday morning hangover post.
..........or got into a stack of moldy books.
Bizarre post indeed.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:44 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,661,041 times
Junior is running well......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing