Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times

Advertisements

There are over 5 million people in the suburbs. Of course some of them are going to be stick in the mud Christians. You can easily flee the suburbs of Dallas. It isn't that difficult to drive 10 miles into the city for a gay lap dance now is it? Sheesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
You do realize what you are saying about the population of Dallas here?

And I agree with you, they do want to escape that environment. Not so much seeking a liberal paradise, but just wanting to get away from an overly conservative, evangelical place they find oppressive or bland. Many will go out of state, but many come to Austin too.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
First let me say. I feel for you. And I'm proud of you for staying away from drugs and alcohol. Good for you. And yes I was once a visitor there and I know exactly how the students are. They are weird!!!! And there is nothing wrong with liking video games. I played video games all the time when I was in Austin because I was bored beyond belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I go to school in Austin, but have never smoked anything before, or drank, or even partied. I do play video games, but I really do see what you're saying. And from a college student who lives in Austin's point of view, I must say you're right. A lot of the kids here do partake in these "wreckless behaviors" that you've described.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin