Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 02:00 PM

3,787 posts, read 6,999,707 times

Advertisements

Duh, it just occurred to me to know where the nearest hospital is in and around Hutto. Any suggestions? Also any medical centers nearby? We used to have an urgent care where you could go for minor things instead of emergencies, do you have those? Thank you. I physically seem to be in Texas but I'm not so sure about anything else at the moment. Off track here and this is for those of you just moved...on the average how long does it take to unpack? It seems the boxes are multiplying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
There is a Seton Hospital and a Scott and White Hospital (both across the street from each other). They are over by the Outlets and Ikea. Have you ventured over there yet? You can be there in 10-15 minutes in an emergency, believe me, I know. Our daughter had an extremely severe asthma attack and I made my husband drive like a bat out of you know where. We took the backroads all the way, quicker than going all the way to 35. You could probably use the toll road too. Taylor also has a hospital but I've not gone there for anything. We used Seton the one time we went and were happy with it, but wish their respiratory care was a little better for kiddos.

Urgent care....ARC (Austin Regional Clinic) Round Rock on 35 and S. Mays has an urgent care/after hours care clinic. It's the closest I know of. The other one is on Far West. You have to take Mopac. I can't remember the exact exit, maybe Capital of Texas and then Far West Blvd. If you need to go there you can call them to make an appointment. I think it's better to do that instead of just winging it. The last time I used the urgent care, I tried to go to the RR Clinic but it was booked solid, so I had to go to far west.

How long does it take to unpack? Forever in my case. I've been here 4 yrs. and if you opened the closet door in our office, you'd see a stack of boxes on one end of it, still unpacked and 2 in our laundry room high up on a shelf

Old 07-06-2009, 02:50 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
I don't live in the area, but goggling I found this:

Scott & White Hutto Clinic
120 Ed Schmidt Blvd.Suites B and EHutto, TX 78634
Phone: 512-509-9500 Toll Free: 866-509-9191
Hutto Clinic - Scott & White - Central Texas

Scott & White Hospital in Round Rock
300 University Blvd.
Round Rock,TX 78665
512-509-0100
866-509-9191
Round Rock - Scott & White - Central Texas
Map and Driving Directions - Scott & White Healthcare - Round Rock - Central Texas

Round Rock Medical Center‎
2400 Round Rock Ave.
Round Rock, Tx 78681
St. David's HealthCare - Maps & Directions
St. David's HealthCare - St. David's Round Rock Medical Center - Home

Seton Medical Center Williamson
201 Seton Parkway, Round Rock, TX 78665
Phone: 512.324.4000
Seton Medical Center Williamson - Our Locations - Seton

After about 7 years here we still have one closet packed with a dozen or so boxes. We have opened them several times but don't have any place else to put them and have not been able to part with them yet.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:07 PM

426 posts, read 1,673,719 times
The three hospitals in the post above are the closest - all ballpark similar distances.

Seton being first closest... 79 west to 1460 (HEB Plus)... turn right and go through 2 lights (~3 miles)... hospital is on left.

St. Davids RRMC is probably next... 79 west to 35 South (stay on access road) to 620 west. Not really that much further than Seton, just more lights.

Scott and White would be just a touch further than the rest (and you'd pass Seton to get there).

Old 07-06-2009, 05:06 PM

947 posts, read 3,139,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
There is a Seton Hospital and a Scott and White Hospital (both across the street from each other). They are over by the Outlets and Ikea. Have you ventured over there yet? You can be there in 10-15 minutes in an emergency, believe me, I know. Our daughter had an extremely severe asthma attack and I made my husband drive like a bat out of you know where. We took the backroads all the way, quicker than going all the way to 35. You could probably use the toll road too. Taylor also has a hospital but I've not gone there for anything. We used Seton the one time we went and were happy with it, but wish their respiratory care was a little better for kiddos.

Urgent care....ARC (Austin Regional Clinic) Round Rock on 35 and S. Mays has an urgent care/after hours care clinic. It's the closest I know of. The other one is on Far West. You have to take Mopac. I can't remember the exact exit, maybe Capital of Texas and then Far West Blvd. If you need to go there you can call them to make an appointment. I think it's better to do that instead of just winging it. The last time I used the urgent care, I tried to go to the RR Clinic but it was booked solid, so I had to go to far west.

How long does it take to unpack? Forever in my case. I've been here 4 yrs. and if you opened the closet door in our office, you'd see a stack of boxes on one end of it, still unpacked and 2 in our laundry room high up on a shelf
The ARC on S. Mays closed a couple of years ago. It's now across from the Marriott near Hesters Crossing. They have weekend and evening hours.

I was in Hutto on Saturday and it looks like a Scott and White Clinic opened up near Lowes.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:39 PM

Yes, we have a Scott and White Clinic and an ARC. Both just hold regular office hours though, not after hours. I think we also have 3 dentists and 2 optometrists now as well.

Thanks for the info on RR ARC, goes to show how long it's been since I've been to that one

So, basically there are 4 hospitals, 2 clinics, and 2-3 medical centers nearby!

Old 10-03-2010, 12:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,022 times
Default ExpressMD Urgent Care- new urgent care near Hutto

For your acute illness and injury care, visit ExpressMD Urgent Care located in North Pflugerville near the Round Rock and Hutto border. It is open 7 days a week until 9 pm on weekdays and treats a wide variety of medical conditions. Xray imaging and labs are available. Visit website at:
[URL="http://www.expressmdcare.com"]www.expressmdcare.com[/URL]

Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 AM

589 posts, read 1,812,830 times
Interesting question. My husband's father is in the midst of a terminal health crisis. It has reaffirmed a practice we've engaged in since my own precious Mother's passing 11 years ago: We will always live close to a major medical center and hospital. I think this house feature trumps granite counters and hardwood flooring. The key feature in our new home is that we can see the tower of Seton Williamson from our back window.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:48 PM

Hutto opened another medical office...this time it's associated with Dell Childrens (Yay!!!! I loved the Childrens hospital when we were there). I'm with you on nearness of medical facilities too Ladylaw. It used to not matter, but now with the asthma issue, it's become important
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin