Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:16 PM

947 posts, read 3,138,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwilson View Post
I had a very BAD experience with Morrison Home. Quality is bad and they are ripoff. They start with large incentives and recover back all the incentives and so when end paying more the actal price
I purchased a morrison home in 2006. We had the worse warranty company/rep. Morrison tried not to complete repairs that were under warranty. It was a huge battle and we finally had to complain to the TRCC. The TRCC then contacted them and everything we wanted repaired had to be repaired.

It was unbelievable the stress Morrsion put us under going back and forth with them and the TRCC. They had the nerve to tell the person we were working with at the TRCC that the only reason they couldn't get the repairs done was because they were unable to get in touch with us for an appt. Total lie. My husband works from home and I'm a SAHM.

I had plenty of email documentation going back and forth with our warranty company and rep. I had everything documented including them stating that they were not going to do the repairs. I sent copies to every head honcho in the Morrison family. Anyone with a title got a copy of my complaint and the info I sent to the TRCC. I don't know if it helped our warranty company/rep get his hand smacked but I wanted them all to know that they sucked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 AM

8 posts, read 14,278 times
What does TRCC stand for ?
thanks
Matt

Old 11-28-2012, 06:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjung1 View Post
What does TRCC stand for ?
thanks
Matt

Trustee's Recommendation Concerning Claims

Old 10-20-2013, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 18,679 times
We loved CastleRock. Great products priced below most of the BIg builders we shopped. Allot of options available and customization of the top end offering.

Not as many standard features as some but you are not paying the price either and get to choose what is important to you. Would definitely recommend CastleRock.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:20 PM

152 posts, read 196,317 times
We're looking to build in the 1-1.5M range. We want totally custom. High quality. I want a house built like my Landcruiser. Any ideas?

Old 10-30-2013, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,105 times
I am relocating from San Diego to Austin early next year. Sorry to put even more stress on the already over-loaded infrastructure but I can tell you I'm excited about coming to your great city, drought, property taxes, hot weather and all. I visited a couple of times this year and the people have been super welcoming, the vibe was terrific - laid back, active, and subtly different depending upon which part of town I was in. I am debating between a newer re-sale home and a new build so was particularly interested in this thread.

Does anyone have experience with David Weekly, Ryland or Milestone homes? I really like the arches and angles in the Ryland models and they have a new neighborhood opening in Northwoods at Avery Ranch in 2014 (yes, I understand it’s not really AR). I fell in love with David Weekly at Buttercup Creek but will probably have to do re-sale there due to timing. Milestone has a new community in Cedar Park coming in 2014, I'm not sure where and I am least sure about the quality of their homes.

I know that most homebuilders only do binding arbitration these days and a search on the internet will yield class action law suits, buyer beware websites, newspaper articles, and legal documents against every homebuilder with horror stories of toxic mold, contract violations, leaky roofs, cracked slabs, etc. (Drees, Meritage, Taylor Morrison included) It appears you take your chance with anyone although I know Weekly has a reputation in Texas for having more than a few politicians in their back pockets.
Any info you have to share on Ryland, Weekly or Milestone would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:17 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2Austin2014 View Post
I am relocating from San Diego to Austin early next year. Sorry to put even more stress on the already over-loaded infrastructure but I can tell you I'm excited about coming to your great city, drought, property taxes, hot weather and all. I visited a couple of times this year and the people have been super welcoming, the vibe was terrific - laid back, active, and subtly different depending upon which part of town I was in. I am debating between a newer re-sale home and a new build so was particularly interested in this thread.

Does anyone have experience with David Weekly, Ryland or Milestone homes? I really like the arches and angles in the Ryland models and they have a new neighborhood opening in Northwoods at Avery Ranch in 2014 (yes, I understand it’s not really AR). I fell in love with David Weekly at Buttercup Creek but will probably have to do re-sale there due to timing. Milestone has a new community in Cedar Park coming in 2014, I'm not sure where and I am least sure about the quality of their homes.

I know that most homebuilders only do binding arbitration these days and a search on the internet will yield class action law suits, buyer beware websites, newspaper articles, and legal documents against every homebuilder with horror stories of toxic mold, contract violations, leaky roofs, cracked slabs, etc. (Drees, Meritage, Taylor Morrison included) It appears you take your chance with anyone although I know Weekly has a reputation in Texas for having more than a few politicians in their back pockets.
Any info you have to share on Ryland, Weekly or Milestone would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I've had good experiences with Milestone. They are the 6th fastest growing company in Austin in 2013 (as rated by Austin Business Journal). But, as with any builder, a large number of people are involved in the construction of a complex project such as a house. As such, mistakes or negligence does happen. Make sure you get a pre-drywall and a pre-closing inspection regardless of which builder you go with.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:27 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Milestone has nearly completed(or just completed) their last units at Paradiso Villas in Cedar Park... and the Reserve at Brushy Creek is well under way(both are Parmer @ Brushy Creek Rd basically). You could easily double the price of a Paradiso townhouse to match the price of a home in the Reserve.
Homes For Sale in Cedar Park at The Reserve at Brushy Creek | Milestone Community Builders

Even the town homes at Preston Village are in the $150/sq ft range...pretty stout...
New North Austin Homes For Sale

In other words, Milestone seems to be hitting two very different markets with these products, making it a bit of a challenge to compare properties. On the surface, we liked the Paradiso townhomes, but never took a closer look since we decided to stay south of Brushy Creek Rd. The folks living in Paradiso , only three we talked to, were pleased with the construction and quality, but those units were much closer to $110/sq ft...go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin