Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:10 PM

8 posts, read 33,206 times

Advertisements

The Hutto school district is good, they still have teachers that actually care if the students learn. Hutto is still a small farming community, but is being over-run by big city people who come in and try to take over. Hutto is quiet and peaceful, but because of all the development over the past few years, property and school taxes are skyrocketing and causing the families who have been there forever to either have to sell their properties or move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 PM

3,787 posts, read 7,006,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanG28 View Post
The Hutto school district is good, they still have teachers that actually care if the students learn. Hutto is still a small farming community, but is being over-run by big city people who come in and try to take over. Hutto is quiet and peaceful, but because of all the development over the past few years, property and school taxes are skyrocketing and causing the families who have been there forever to either have to sell their properties or move.
I'm hearing from people that Hutto was a pretty small town just seven years ago. What happened?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:10 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,712,621 times
Yes, it was very small 7 yrs. ago. The population was only in the single digit thousands. It literally exploded in growth in just a few years time. It was literally a one stop light town.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:00 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,270,247 times
Hutto?

Well if you like to live in a faceless, treeless, flat imbred town, then I guess Hutto is for you. Treeless tracthomes are poor uneducated hicks are Hutto's specialty! Hutto is pretty much a mirror image of places like Kyle, Buda, Manor, and probably Bastrop as well. I think you would be much better off moving to Round Rock (at least RR has SOME purpose).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb123 View Post
Anyone have any opinion on the live-ability in upcoming Hutto?

We are potentially thinking of going there, as house costs are still pretty low. However, I love Round Rock (as far as suburbs go) - and hesitate to give up the 1) School district 2) Accessibility to Austin and other areas 3) Close shopping. 4) Diverse population.

Thoughts?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:06 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,441,384 times
Does that feel better now that you've run down an entire community (well, actually, several entire communities), eepstein? Scratched that itch and all?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:00 PM

25 posts, read 111,155 times
Don't pay any attention to the troll eepstein, he's just trying to get a rise out of you. He never has anything good to say about Texas, the Austin area or the people.

Eepstein, Texas doesn't need pretentious, self-righteous white trash from the left coast like you. Why don't you do us all a favor and move back where you came from, since you seem to hate everything about Texas and it's people!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:39 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,712,621 times
Yeah, I've come to learn he lives in a bubble.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:14 PM

1,445 posts, read 3,270,247 times
No, he is simply speaking the truth. Most people in Hutto are poor and uneducated. Hence the NEED to live in Hutto. If you weren't involved in a relationship with your cousin or sister, then why would you move to a place like Hutto? Inbreeding is going to be much more accepted and tolerated in places like Hutto, Kyle, Buda, and Bastrop, then in Austin, RR, or Cedar Park.

And yes sir, CA is the greatest state in this nation. Yes, they are having some problems now, but the "top o da world" shall rise again. It always has before, and why should this be any exception? I don't have anything personal against Texas. It's just not a place that could conceive of why anyone would wanna live, (or visit for that matter). It's a place that is best served by the horrendously conservative redneck cowboy who was booted out of Oklahoma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTinTx View Post
Don't pay any attention to the troll eepstein, he's just trying to get a rise out of you. He never has anything good to say about Texas, the Austin area or the people.

Eepstein, Texas doesn't need pretentious, self-righteous white trash from the left coast like you. Why don't you do us all a favor and move back where you came from, since you seem to hate everything about Texas and it's people!

Old 09-01-2009, 07:16 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,441,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTinTx View Post
You're right, I should know better. It just irks me to think that some newbies to the forum might take that nonsense seriously, though I suppose I should have more faith in their ability to see prejudice for what it is, whether it be against a person because of their race or viewing an entire region through crap-colored glasses (which says more about the wearer of the glasses than it does about the view). Same motivation and need that is being fed, either way.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:18 PM

3,787 posts, read 7,006,393 times
This conversation reminds me of that Seinfeld show where Elaine met the guy "Jimmy". When in conversation with Elaine he keeps making reference to Jimmy but it's really himself he's talking about. i.e. "Jimmy is new here", "Don't mind Jimmy, he's just a moron." "Jimmy not feeling too well"

ok, if you didn't see the show then I'm sorry but it was a real stitch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin