Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 03:00 PM
McJ

169 posts, read 480,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post
Well, I've tried being strictly veggie many times and it doesn't seem to stick I make it about 9mos and I slip back. That being said, about 80% of my diet is vegetarian, so thanks for the tip. That could make a huge difference in how a restaurant is perceived. I'll definitely try the spinach enchiladas. Only been to Polvo's once and it was pretty good. I've also heard very good things about Sazon on S Lamar. Also, have you tried Casa de Luz(vegan)?
Not to change the direction of this thread too much but Casa De Luz rocks!!! My husband who is not a vegan loves it as well. I highly reccomend Guatemalan taco night on Thurs(it's all you can eat).

El Sol has a really great selection of tofu dishes, and I love that you can get so many things ala cart and it's fairly cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 05:37 AM

187 posts, read 846,633 times
I haven't been to Casa de Luz yet, but I've been told to get there fast many times, I hear it's fantastic but expensive.

I've lived here a year and I've also been told to go to Mother's, which was closed because of a fire or something for the first few months that I was in town. It's open again now. I've heard that's another fantabulous place for vegetarians.

Not that this thread is about vegetarian dining...sorry!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:50 AM

2,357 posts, read 7,896,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoenfraun View Post
I haven't been to Casa de Luz yet, but I've been told to get there fast many times, I hear it's fantastic but expensive.

I've lived here a year and I've also been told to go to Mother's, which was closed because of a fire or something for the first few months that I was in town. It's open again now. I've heard that's another fantabulous place for vegetarians.

Not that this thread is about vegetarian dining...sorry!
Ha! Any way the wind blows

Casa de Luz is great. Just a beautiful place to be actually. It's more of a "grounds" than a restaurant. It was $12 for basically everything they had that night. Every evening is different. Mother's is tasty as well. I had a chile relleno that was very good. When I was there they had a harpist playing in the dining room. Very romantic actually...problem was I was with my buddy

Old 07-22-2008, 06:26 PM

701 posts, read 2,481,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
I'm in Ventura. But not for long!

That's a bummer to hear about sushi. Have you tried "Zen" on South Congress? I haven't, but we drove by it and I wondered how it was.

I'll try Kerbey lane! Thanks for the suggestion. The last day we were here, we drove 14 miles or so north to The Original Pancake House. And then I waited 40 minutes for my baked apple pancake to be prepared. It was pretty awesome.
I've tried Zen, but not their sushi. Supposedly, they will make you what you like if you don't see it in their case (I don't like case stuff...I've never had it taste fresh). Most of what I saw in the case was seared tuna which I've never seen before.

We had teriyaki chicken because i had my DS with me. You know kids and their sweets

They're set up similar to Pei Wei in that you pick your meat and your sauce and if you want veggies or not. What we ate was good and cheap. Unfortunately for us, their teriyaki does have preservatives hidden somewhere so hopefully my DS can still eat there if they make him tuna and rice sushi with no nori or horseradish. I'm hungry again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin