Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 PM

125 posts, read 294,214 times

Advertisements

Land of Lakes Butter
Now my neighborhood grocery has decided to discontinue LOL butter. I have been using this product for over 20 years to bake with. I do not understand why these grocery groups discontinue a good item just to make room for their private label. I know the average shopper can save a few cents but you are losing customers that buy higher margin items. I cannot mention the grocery group as they have a way of making these postings disappear. But headquarters is in San Antonio. Oh and the butter for Hispanics with the label in Spanish is still available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 PM

1,825 posts, read 2,833,052 times
Grocery groups have a way of making postings disappear?

I thought it was Fukishima radiation that was erasing the hard drives. I can't keep my conspiracies straight.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:56 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,062,315 times
Complain to LOL. If they knew their product wasn't going to be sold at a store anymore, they'll send someone to the store to speak to the manager there about it. No one wants to lose money - especially in this economy!

Old 04-30-2012, 06:11 PM

125 posts, read 294,214 times
Aquitaine
Post a complaint using the name of this grocery group and you will see the posting deleted.
No deep conspiracy just a fact

Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,490,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
Aquitaine
Post a complaint using the name of this grocery group and you will see the posting deleted.
No deep conspiracy just a fact
That's because it is a violation of the Terms of Service to post consumer complaints here, not a conspiracy.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,128,923 times
I just recently STARTED seeing Land of Lakes butter in my grocery store! So who knows? Try another store, items in stock are usually geared to what sells at that location, they may have not sold enough there to keep such a perishable item in stock.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
That's the only butter I ever buy and I have no problem finding it.
Find an HEB. They sell it.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 PM

15,273 posts, read 35,700,552 times
HEB sells what their customers buy - they tailor their stores very carefully based on sales. It is most likely that very few people were buying that brand, so they decided to stock a different one (either their own or a different brand). It does suck when you were one of the people buying that product, though.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,490,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
HEB sells what their customers buy - they tailor their stores very carefully based on sales. It is most likely that very few people were buying that brand, so they decided to stock a different one (either their own or a different brand). It does suck when you were one of the people buying that product, though.
Exactly. I checked with a friend who is a baker and she bought LOL butter yesterday at her HEB in NW Austin.

I suggest talking to your dairy manager, and registering your complaint. I've found they are usually pretty responsive to people taking the time to talk to them. In one case I was having trouble finding a favorite product, and on discussing it, and his researching, he found that due to a temporary shortage the product had been unavailable for a while, and then when it did become available again, the lack of sales kept the re-orders down. It was an anomaly he was glad to correct.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:06 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,011,547 times
Was the store HEB? I have found that HEB was the BEST store at stocking something that was not previously there. I love that store. Lastly, the LOL butter thread made me think back to my former brother-in-law when he took an empty carton of it and folded it a few times to make the woman's knees look like her breasts. He was that kinda guy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin