Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 11:46 AM

5,184 posts, read 7,291,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
You must mean J5 steakhouse. A nice place, but the steaks are nothing special. Price is reasonable - so you don't have to budget for it.
How could I screw that up. We fell in love with Jaime and Jennifer when they were in the Trading Post and we lived at HCG. We moved east, and they moved west, so we don't get out there that often. DW was out there in the past month. Said the Green Chile Burger is as good as ever. Just a nice place, you don't expect to find out in the country.

Heard there is a new place with good food as well in Spicewood. Any idea what the name is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 02:02 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,291,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
Heard there is a new place with good food as well in Spicewood. Any idea what the name is?
Knocked off work early on a Friday - had time to see if I could find the place. This is it - Api's

Doesn't open until next month.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:51 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,231,331 times
Quote:
Knocked off work early on a Friday - had time to see if I could find the place. This is it - Api's

I had not heard of Api's. Looks very interesting. Perhaps a bit of an alternative to Plate in Bee Cave.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:35 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,320,629 times
Quote:

Nice one! Thanks for the heads up on this.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:41 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,780,266 times
Opie's barbeque is in spicewood and it's good stuff... Just don't get there too late becuz they often run out of brisket etc...

Old 09-13-2014, 10:53 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,526,281 times
Out of curiosity, has anyone visited The Emerald Restaurant in Bee Cave lately? My husband has not been there in about 25 years but has always spoken very fondly of an epic evening he once had there, so I wanted to surprise him with a special night out there some time.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:26 AM

1,157 posts, read 2,655,950 times
We lived there for a few years and eventually moved to a 1970s house in NW Hills. I liked the "stuff" in BC as there were decent restaurants and everything was close (except work eventually), but we didn't like living on a small lot. It felt like a glorified condo complex as we could step out on our patio and look directly into our neighbor's house, patio and backyard. There wasn't any privacy and every house seemed the same. We lived in the mid-priced section of Falconhead and there were cars parked everywhere outside and lawns unkept. We also realized that we liked mature trees. At the time we both worked from home but my husband eventually took a job at 360/mopac so that was the straw for us.

Our house today needs quite a bit of work but is on a beautiful, large tree filled lot on a idillic street. Once we moved we never looked back. I wouldn't ever go back to those lots...

Old 09-13-2014, 03:23 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,116,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FueledByBlueBell View Post

Our house today needs quite a bit of work but is on a beautiful, large tree filled lot on a idillic street. Once we moved we never looked back. I wouldn't ever go back to those lots...
I hear that. Our house in Circle C is admittedly on a small lot, but the house is not over-sized, and we look out the back to greenbelt, and that makes a huge difference to me. Every house I have ever lived in, since childhood, has backed up to some kind of open space. I think without that, I would feel claustrophobic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin