Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 06:13 PM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,143,101 times

Advertisements

Good Place to find info on events is Augusta Choice.They can be found on you tube also. Web their at http://www.augustaschoice.com/

example this video covers Arts in the Heart, Westobou, Social Luxury, Fort Gordon's Balloon Bash, Spooky To Be Hungry.
YouTube - What's Coming Up 9-14-10

you also just missed Riverwood Local fest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehT6AOhZh64 April 30th

Last edited by klmquiroz; 05-06-2011 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 10:39 PM

27 posts, read 54,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-town706 View Post
Im sorry you feel that way, but not really as your probably a hater. You have to remember Augusta is an old city so yea there not going to get everything right hence city planning. Also c.s.r.a. is over 700,000 now lol where have you been. For the record I've been to phoenix and if you almost getting into car accidents daily or getting run over its fine. Also there seems to be seedy/ illegal immigrants all over the place. If you wanna live in az which is not that great of a state to begin with, try to live in Tucson or casa grande. Border patrol is every where in az and delays are really bad there. I can acually say this because I live in az now and hate it. Lol did anyone think to plant enough trees when they made the cities in az. Believe me ga heat is nothing to Arizona heat. I could go on and on, so don't get me started. I have nothing against hispanics, but god would it kill them to speak in english a little bit. Its like gibberish and so hard for them to understand you and for you to understand them. Oh and lets not forget about the drug cartels that are at war with mexico and the u.s. Two positives is arizona has some pretty hot women and good weed. Everything else is trying to be like Las Vegas or L.A. Really Lol Joplin i find that hard to believe considering Jackson is the state capitol and its basicly the same as Augusta. Missouri is a real poor state to begin with so i won't hold my breath.
A hater of Georgia,yes, didn't start that way but 12 months off and on here have been an microsoft demo version of a living hell. And as soon as I find work, I'm out of here, the door won't be hitting my ass on the way out. They may or may not notice that I've gone, but I'll defiantly not be missing Georgia.
Now I'm just curious, New York, Philadelphia and other northern cities are as old or older than Augusta, they understood how to use a ruler and a square, so it's possible to design a easy to navigate city even during that era, did the Georgians forget their tools or was it just the uneducated that moved down south?
As for Illegals, The Pew Hispanic Center tells us that there are more illegal Mexicans in Georgia than there are in Arizona.
Now your comment about speaking English. One could ask (fgiv me ax) the same thing about Georgia. the accent here is so thick I'm starting to wonder if the public schools are actually teaching English? At a minimum the welcome centers should provide a book that translates Georgian in to English, and English to Georgian.
Casa Grande, that explains your traffic and general dislike of Phoenix. I lived in central Phoenix traffic is almost non existent, Lots of trees, easy access to everything and the surrounding cities, real yards and more than 5' between houses, no home owners association tyrants, and please the heat in Phoenix is nothing when compared to the smacked by a mop in the face, why bother to dry after the shower, living in a sauna humidity or the constant misting storm after storm after storm in Georgia. Honestly how can one to live weeks at a time without seeing the sun, good grief. You are correct there are a lot of prettier people in Arizona. I swear I've never seen so many utterly obese buckets of lard riding around on powered shopping carts as I've seen around here. In all fairness I've never been to Philly so it may be worse but thus far the number of lazy bloated flab laden broads is going to be hard to beat.
As for activities, there is Indy Car, Nascar, and NHRA races. Every weekend 52 weeks a year (aside from the few rainy weekends) there is at least one car show, there are 3 high end auto auctions, Sports there is Arizona State University, (the real ASU) football, Arizona Cardinals Football, Diamondbacks Baseball, Suns Basketball, Coyotes Hockey, Rattlers Arena League Football, 33 local broad cast television stations, at least 11 that have been broadcasting in real 1080 high def. for years. Dozens of radio stations in HD that actually broadcast the programming they advertise. Winter and spring baseball all over the valley, 3+ daily news papers, 7 free weekly English language alternative papers that listed festivals, events, bands, bars, club listings, alternative entertainment, 4 monthly free entertainment publications, There are clubs for the Gothic crowd, Rock and Roll, Heavy Metal, Hip Hop, Alternative Music, Top 40 Music, Salsa, Jazz, Blues, Country, all within a few miles of my house. First Friday in Phoenix includes roving bands, movies, performance art, at least 4 different live band clubs, Theatrical productions, There are 2 equity theater houses within 10 miles from my old house, and at least 4 non equity. There are shopping malls in Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Glendale, Goodyear, Scottsdale, Aloha Festival, Fiesta Bowl Festival, Paradise Valley, Outlet malls in Tempe, Phoenix, and North of the city. Chinese Festival, Greek Festival, Irish Festival, Polish Festival, October Fest, Strong Beer Fest, Matsuri Festival, Tempe has an Art Fest, Scottsdale, Chandler, Phoenix has two, Mesa, Weekly Wine tasting Weakly double feature bad movie night, Live steam railroaders in Scottsdale, Several model railroad operation clubs, I cant remember if it's 4 or 6 home and garden shows each year, Arabian Horse Show in Scottsdale, Ostrich Festival in Chandler, Rodeo of Rodeos at the Coliseum, Arizona International Film Festival, Arizona State Fair with bands every night, Cinco de Mayo Festival, Sy Fi Convention, Rock-n-Roll 10k (didn't run but there were 4 bandstands within a few miles of my home so I could see them all for free. Horror Film Festival, Chocolate Festival, Cardboard Boat races in Tempe, The Halloween Party in Tempe,..... and these are just events I attended most were less than 15 min. away. There was the Ren Festival, 40 min to the east. and dozens of other events I wasn't interested in or were more than 20 miles out.

Last edited by Darkitec; 05-08-2011 at 12:08 AM..

Old 05-07-2011, 11:56 PM

115 posts, read 243,868 times
[quote=Darkitec;19061133]A hater of Georgia,yes, didn't start that way but 12 months off and on here have been an microsoft demo version of a living hell. And as soon as I find work, I'm out of here, the door won't be hitting my ass on the way out. They may or may not notice that I've gone, but I'll defiantly not be missing Georgia.
Now I'm just curious, New York, Philadelphia and other northern cities are as old or older than Augusta, they understood how to use a ruler and a square, so it's possible to design a easy to navigate city even during that era, did the Georgians forget their tools or was it just the uneducated that moved down south?
As for Illegals, The Pew Hispanic Center tells us that there are more illegal Mexicans in Georgia than there are in Arizona.
Now your comment about speaking English. One could ask (fgiv me ax) the same thing about Georgia. the accent here is so thick I'm starting to wonder if the public schools are actually teaching English? At a minimum the welcome centers should provide a book that translates Georgian in to English, and English to Georgian.
Casa Grande, that explains your traffic and general dislike of Phoenix. I lived in central Phoenix traffic is almost non existent, Lots of trees, easy access to everything and the surrounding cities, real yards and more than 5' between houses, no home owners association tyrants, and please the heat in Phoenix is nothing when compared to the smacked by a mop in the face, why bother to dry after the shower, living in a sauna humidity or the constant misting storm after storm after storm in Georgia. Honestly how can one to live weeks at a time without seeing the sun, good grief. You are correct there are a lot of prettier people in Arizona. I swear I've never seen so many utterly obese buckets of lard riding around on powered shopping carts as I've seen around here. In all fairness I've never been to Philly so it may be worse but thus far the number of lazy bloated flab laden broads is going to be hard to beat.[/q

More people live in Georgia than Arizona, so Georgia must be doing something right. Also Augusta has one of the best medical districts ( including a state of the art modern Burn treatment center that people from all over the country go to.) in georgia and a major united states army base. The national security agency saw fit to expand and build a brand new building on Fort Gordon. As for beautiful women being in arizona I was just trying to compliment the state. Because believe me for as many hot women, I probaly saw ten more unattracive ones. In fact if your not a fairly young person in az, your an old haggard looking person. Oh and Casa grande is fine because its right between Phoenix and Tucson. Thus if you want the convience of both cities you can just live between them. Overall I still think Tucson is better.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 AM

After this weekend, I have to wonder just how many more times and ways disgusta is going to manage to disappoint me.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:21 PM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,143,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkitec View Post
After this weekend, I have to wonder just how many more times and ways disgusta is going to manage to disappoint me.

Fell free to leave.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:29 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmquiroz View Post
Fell free to leave.
Yeah what you said

Old 06-26-2011, 09:39 AM

As soon as I have enough money to leave, the only thing that people will see will be the zoom lines left behind when the road runner leaves a scene. And it can't come soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area