Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 09:19 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,247,671 times

Advertisements

I see Hoschton can be in Gwinnett County.
Is this a good area for kids, etc.?
I saw an area zoned for Duncan Creek Elem., Osborne Middle, and Mill Creek HS.
Is this area far from Dacula?
Do they have a rec center, or would we use Dacula facilities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 09:21 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,976,990 times
It's a very very small sliver of area past Hamilton Mill GC. The actual town of Hoschton (pronounced Hushton) is in Jackson County. As far as I know, there isn't really anything out there, commercial, community center, or otherwise. It's pretty far out.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:37 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,107,938 times
Yeah, I think that it probably would meet your criteria of being too rural.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:21 PM

2 posts, read 7,289 times
There are some parts of this area that have a Hoschton mailing address but since you quoted the schools it's definitely part of Gwinnett - great schools!!! Google Gwinnett County Public Schools and compare our schools to other suburban Atlanta areas.

Nearby we have a passive park with riding, biking and walking trails, a new active park that has skate boarding and biking bowls( I'm sure that's not the technical name), a huge playground and space for little league sports, and a new library opening in April. We have a Kohls, Home Depot, movie theatre, and Walmart within 3 miles and Mall of Georgia (the largest mall in Georgia) is about 10-15 miles away. This is a great area to live and raise a family - plenty of activities nearby. Moderator Cut
I've lived in this area since 1995 when there was nothing but pasture land and farms.

Last edited by Georgia; 03-07-2010 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Please do not solict services. Use PM

Old 03-07-2010, 05:08 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,410,254 times
Great area and plenty around. Many routes to Mall of Georgia besides 85, good places to eat, namely Houndstooth. New hospital being built. Good Schools. Borders and part of Jackson, Barrow, Gwinnett, and Hall County believe it or not.
A very nice area and let's hope it stays that way!

In regard to Dacula, yes it is close as it is a bordering town. Hoschton and Braselton are basically the same thing.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:18 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,247,671 times
New hospital being built?????
Which and where?
That was my big thing, being close to a hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Great area and plenty around. Many routes to Mall of Georgia besides 85, good places to eat, namely Houndstooth. New hospital being built. Good Schools. Borders and part of Jackson, Barrow, Gwinnett, and Hall County believe it or not.
A very nice area and let's hope it stays that way!

In regard to Dacula, yes it is close as it is a bordering town. Hoschton and Braselton are basically the same thing.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:05 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,324,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
I see Hoschton can be in Gwinnett County.
Is this a good area for kids, etc.?
I saw an area zoned for Duncan Creek Elem., Osborne Middle, and Mill Creek HS.
Is this area far from Dacula?
Do they have a rec center, or would we use Dacula facilities?
If you work in Gwinnett County--or even the eastern portions of North Fulton--then the Hoschton/Hamilton Mill/Dacula area would be a great fit for you in regards to raising kids. The schools are superb and there are plenty of comfortable, stable communities from which to choose. Also, the recreational opportunities in that area are endless--with amenities that offer everything from hiking to kayaking to biking.

Don't pay too much attention to the actual political boundaries of incorporated cities as different ZIP codes may have different corresponding city addresses. For example, there are portions of the area that may have a Dacula address, but a resident may be more likely to frequent amenities in activity centers with a Braselton or Buford address. The most important boundary on which to focus would be school zone. Needless to say, taking a look at an area with your own eyes is always the best way to go.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta