Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:19 PM

200 posts, read 449,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarog View Post
Just a quick note: no matter who you voted for in the last election, your favoured candidate is probably a CFR-trained social parasite who would gladly spy on you, exploit you, sell your country to China, and send your children off to murder third-world peasants by the thousands at the beheadst of their corporate overseers.
Homey...You aint lyin'...and change the name of flus...cough::H1N1::cough: so that certain industries (pork) will not be affected...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 04:54 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
Yeah, you know humans... all rugged individualists never possibly influenced by anyone or anything that happens around them.
I agree...the intelligent ones, anyway.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:58 PM

314 posts, read 639,694 times
Sure. Every social scientist/economist/political scientist on the planet would disagree, but whatever.

EDIT: You realize that 'intelligent' has nothing to do with being unable to consider wise arguments being made by other people. That's closed-mindedness/ignorance. Intelligence is when you have strong beliefs that are backed up with facts (not like your theory about people not being influenced in some way by their parents/friends/etc.... all the facts are against that one), and being able to hear other arguments on a topic and understand them to the point that if the people around you make a strong point, you can learn and grow from it. Smart people who can't accept that they're not right 100% of the time, and that sometimes others have something to offer to the way they view the world, aren't smart at all.

Just saying.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:01 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
Sure. Every social scientist/economist/political scientist on the planet would disagree, but whatever.
Okay, now you're trying to speak for every social scientist/economist/political scientist on the planet. Wow...

Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 PM

314 posts, read 639,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Okay, now you're trying to speak for every social scientist/economist/political scientist on the planet. Wow...

I'm sorry, but arguing against the fact that people are influenced by their surroundings, at least to some extent, is literally arguing against the bedrock of social science. Heck, if nothing else the language you speak has an impact on how you view the world, and you're taught that language by your parents and friends. I can approach this as an anthropologist, linguist, sociologist, economist, political scientist, you name it. Each of these fields understands that people are affected by their surroundings to some extent.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 AM

10 posts, read 39,284 times
John's creek high school district has a lot of variety of people and political views. Coming from a liberal state ( Massachusetts ) I am very comfortable living off of Medlock Bridge and State Bridge Road where John's creek high school is located. It is a brand new high school that just opened up fall of 2009. If you do your research you will quickly learn that students who currently go there score very well on the standardized tests and majority of the students are accepted into great universities. I heard that several were accepted into Princeton this year 2010.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,101 times
you will have to let me know where all this liberals or even moderates are....have not found many here in suwanee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresninas View Post
You just need to move next door to me.

I live in Northview School District. Quite a few of our friends here are liberals, but I think that's because we seek them out. If you want to be in a sea of liberals, Johns Creek isn't the place for you.

But I'm pretty far to the left, and I have had absolutely no problems fitting in here. And I've found plenty of people just like myself.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:50 PM

876 posts, read 2,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddoc23 View Post
you will have to let me know where all this liberals or even moderates are....have not found many here in suwanee
Watch for signs in Suwanee yards this fall for the Presidential election. You will see some from "both" sides. I would try to find local meet ups or Democrat party groups. That might be your best bet.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:56 PM

550 posts, read 989,635 times
Well, there are about to be some more in East Cobb! And compared to where I am coming from it will seem like San Francisco!

Old 08-11-2013, 02:13 PM

67 posts, read 105,865 times
@Tresninas
What grade r your children in? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta