Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 PM

10 posts, read 25,649 times

Advertisements

Hello All! I have been offered a job in Luthersville, GA. It looks like a very cute town, but as a single woman I must wonder: what is there to do...where should I go to meet people? Up to newnan? peachtree city? down to la grange? I am a yankee (haha) so I am not familiar with the area at all.

Also when I was on my tour of the town I saw houses that had been demolished from a tornado (it was along 27 between Luthersville and Moreland). How often does this happen there? I looked at the tornado history websites and it shows that there havent been any tornadoes there, but obviously the scenery tells me otherwise! In my area tornadoes are virtually unheard of, so I am really scared of the potential move, especially since I would be given housing that does not have a basement and does not have quick, easy access to underground shelter.

any insight into the town/surrounding area and weather would be very helpful! feel free to PM me as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,202 times
Default Where to live in L'ville area

Hi, I am just moving back after leaving SW Atl/Fairburn area after 20+ yrs. I have a family w/me now though. Just tellin my wife maybe this same area would be good for us to settle down to. We are staying w/parents right now near Fairburn.

I cant take the Atl hustle boy have things changed since I left. Have lived in Boston, Greenville, Charlotte. Liked G'ville and Charlotte, the speed of Boston didnt appeal.

To answer your quesrtion I know more about P'City than the other 2 towns you mentioned and its a very nice area. Prices are higher there than surrounding areas but Senoia (right next door) is nice and quaint.

Thats my 2 cents.

By the way Ill keep an eye on this thread b'cause I am interested in what other saw I may be a Luthersville resident too.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:18 PM

12 posts, read 33,941 times
Luthersville, Senoia are both very quaint and cute places to live. Especially if you like a quiet environment. For a single woman, Luthersville might be a little too quiet! Yes, you would probably want to head into Newnan or PTC for a night out.

Tornadoes....we do have a tornado "season" when the weather heats up and the atmosphere is unstable. Fortunately, because of the rolling terrain there are a lot of homes with basements. I've lived through hundreds of tornado watches/warnings but never through a tornado and I've lived in Georgia all my life! So - lots of talk about them, not a lot of action. We do have one from time to time but more often we have thunderstorm downbursts which can cause some damage. If you are really, really worried be sure to move to a home with a basement.

Let me know if you have any more questions! I'm also a Realtor in the area if you need help with housing.

allyandpete - Welcome to Georgia!
slowridr - Welcome back home!

Last edited by BobKovacs; 03-11-2010 at 04:41 AM..

Old 03-03-2015, 07:15 PM

13 posts, read 18,030 times
All the posts here are old. What's the latest? I'm considering a move to Luthersville. How are the schools?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta