Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 07:38 AM

21 posts, read 69,156 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My husband and I plus our 2 children are moving to the US permanently in the spring of 2009 and we love the look of Peachtree City, there seems to be a good selection of schools and hopefully job opportunities in Graphic Design in Atlanta for hubby.

If anyone has any experiences good/bad of the Peachtree City and Summergrove Newnan areas I would love to hear them.

Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 04:11 PM

880 posts, read 2,868,854 times
Well, I lived in Peachtree City for 18 years and unfortunatly my experience was bad. People it that town are very conservative (Love George Bush) and tend to be quite wealthy (and snobby too). Not a whole lot to do in the town, and my experience with the schools (McIntosh High especially) was not that great. I found them seriously lacking in the math and science department.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:23 PM

744 posts, read 2,490,429 times
I currently live in Peachtree City and love it. We have had a great experience with the school system here. It has been a great place to raise our kids.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:52 PM

74 posts, read 174,134 times
Summergrove is a Bob Adams built community and is an excellent place to live. It has a great golf course, tennis, lakes, its own shopping areas and is 15 minutes from Interstate 85. Along the expressway are some of the best eateries and downtown Newnan has that rural, country feel. Good choice in neighborhoods there.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:10 PM

16,736 posts, read 29,672,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Wagner View Post
Summergrove is a Bob Adams built community and is an excellent place to live. It has a great golf course, tennis, lakes, its own shopping areas and is 15 minutes from Interstate 85. Along the expressway are some of the best eateries and downtown Newnan has that rural, country feel. Good choice in neighborhoods there.
Summergrove attends good schools as well.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:13 AM

21 posts, read 69,156 times
Thats great new about Summergrove....its looks lovely..

Time to start looking for a place to stay!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:37 PM

137 posts, read 740,806 times
I live in PTC and couldn't be happier. Honestly, thedudewithaplan is the only person I've ever heard of not loving it here. Most consider it ideal for families, schools, neighborhoods. Summergrove is similar. I think the big difference is that in PTC you are buying a whole town, versus a large neighborhood in Summergrove. Both are nice, however, it just depends on what you are looking for.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:40 AM

539 posts, read 2,107,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar4 View Post
Thats great new about Summergrove....its looks lovely..

Time to start looking for a place to stay!
Please do the research on the schools. Schoolmatters.com and greatschools.net are a good place to start. Go to GA's Dept. of Education and check out each school's report card. What some people think are great schools others won't tolerate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta