Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2009, 10:25 AM

90 posts, read 258,143 times

Advertisements

For those who have, or have had, kids go to these schools, do you feel one is better over the other for any reason? I know about greatschools.net but I am not looking for test scores. One of my kids has ADD but he does well academically (behaviorally he's more of a challenge sometimes) and my other one I strongly suspect has a learning disability for writing and maybe math. Neither has an IEP although I really hope the younger one eventually gets one. I know both kids will have a tough time in middle school because of the independance and organizational skills it requires and I am wondering if anyone felt that one school was more "flexible" or "helpful" than the other??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 650 times
Smile Iep school Recommendations for Alpharetta Milton Suwanee John’s Creek Roswell or Cumming area

Hoping someone can help . I am currently looking for the best school for my son who has ADD . I am looking at Webb Bridge North Gwinnett middle school , Vickery and Hopewell However I’m willing to relocate to a school district that would better serve his needs. I’m also considering any private school so I’m open to all suggestions . I was hoping that maybe someone will see this post in time - it’s my first time in this site. This will be his first year of middle school . Thank you for any ideas you may have .

Old 07-18-2018, 12:44 PM

290 posts, read 368,769 times
I don’t know about how well each school does with ADD kids but Webb Bridge has significantly higher test scores than Haynes Bridge. Also, the Webb Bridge area is way more desirable than Haynes Bridge. Haynes Bridge has a lot more economically disadvantaged students who mainly live in the apartments in that area.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:52 PM

290 posts, read 368,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayC123 View Post
Hoping someone can help . I am currently looking for the best school for my son who has ADD . I am looking at Webb Bridge North Gwinnett middle school , Vickery and Hopewell However I’m willing to relocate to a school district that would better serve his needs. I’m also considering any private school so I’m open to all suggestions . I was hoping that maybe someone will see this post in time - it’s my first time in this site. This will be his first year of middle school . Thank you for any ideas you may have .
Georgia does not have too many resources geared toward students with special needs, especially when you compare Georgia to other states. That being said, most districts in north metro Atlanta have about the same resources for kids with ADD. I recommend you pick the best school academic wise on your list.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:58 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,298 times
Middle school pretty much sucks universally for most kids in any school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta