Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 02:11 PM

15 posts, read 26,675 times

Advertisements

I am possibly taking a job and my commute will be from Haynes Bridge Exit to a job across from Lenox Mall. Yes, I know the commute will be long but I want some tips to possibly make it better. Do you know what times would be best? I actually had an hour commute when I lived in Cleveland for 2 yrs and honestly it wasn't bad because I listened to books on CD in the car. Thanks for any info!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 02:48 PM

989 posts, read 1,744,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckoenigshof View Post
I am possibly taking a job and my commute will be from Haynes Bridge Exit to a job across from Lenox Mall. Yes, I know the commute will be long but I want some tips to possibly make it better. Do you know what times would be best? I actually had an hour commute when I lived in Cleveland for 2 yrs and honestly it wasn't bad because I listened to books on CD in the car. Thanks for any info!!!!!

You should be fluent in spanish in know time.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM

876 posts, read 2,280,596 times
Leave your residence before 7 AM on school days and it should mostly be tolerable.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:04 PM

397 posts, read 843,999 times
Quote:
I think it should be less than an hour. Maybe 45 mins or so. I do it once and a while but the times vary on my trips. Leaving before 7 is a definite plus.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:42 PM

15 posts, read 26,675 times
Thanks so much! I was planning on 6:45 and if I am possibly late it will not matter.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:08 PM

192 posts, read 385,817 times
I live in Marietta and commute to Alpharetta, McFarland Parkway.

I have flex hours, so I get to work by 6 in the morning and leave at 4. The afternoon commute is twice as long. Heading north on 400 in the afternoon will be much longer than your morning commute if the traffic I see heading north at 4 is any indication.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:45 PM

697 posts, read 3,024,039 times
Quote:
Thanks so much! I was planning on 6:45 and if I am possibly late it will not matter.
This will depend on exactly where you are and how far it is from your home to the Haynes Bridge interchange, but you might even want to consider an earlier departure if it's feasible. For me, 2 miles from 400 on Holcomb Bridge, getting on the road before 6:30 made a huge difference when I was working with a client in Dunwoody. If I left home before 6:30 I could be on 400 southbound in 5-10 minutes, but after that it could be 20 or even 30 minutes some mornings -- and that's just to get on 400.

Once you're inside the Perimeter you'll usually have pretty clear sailing to the Lenox Rd exit -- it's mainly the Haynes Bridge to Abernathy section that backs up, with the worst bits being around Holcomb Bridge and just after Northridge.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:57 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,886,135 times
i live in alpharetta, and it's crazy— past 7 or 8 you can get to buckhead in 10 minutes (it's only around 12 miles away), but during the day it'll take you an hour. get up early and prepare to wallow in traffic for hours.

they are beginning to study a marta expansion up to alpharetta, but they told us it was 6-12 years down the road to construction, so that doesn't do you any good.

there is a lot of good music out there use the drive to discover it— also you can try every pack of cigarettes and find out which is the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta