Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 03:43 PM

840 posts, read 2,088,305 times

Advertisements

Has anybody heard about the problem of the homeless at the Airport. I am there everyday and never see to many homeless at the airport.

Airports' homeless resist efforts to remove them (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090316/ap_on_re_us/homeless_airports - broken link)

That was news to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 03:47 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,716,577 times
You will only seem them at night.

I usually seem them @ night at work in the atrium...

Old 03-16-2009, 07:28 PM

58 posts, read 221,159 times
yes, it's really bad there at night. i had never heard of such a thing in an airport, but lo and behold they accosted me while i was momentarily stationary. most people there are on the go in such a hurry that they may not notice but stop at the food court for example i'm sure you'll come across it. some of them don't have the homeless look so to speak, some do, either way they'll all ask for money.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:50 PM

880 posts, read 2,864,038 times
I used to work at the ATL airport doing cargo work. I would head to the terminal quite often to visit customs and I did notice the homeless at night. Just have to keep walking and not take the bait if they ask for cash.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:00 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,313,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post
Has anybody heard about the problem of the homeless at the Airport. I am there everyday and never see to many homeless at the airport.

Airports' homeless resist efforts to remove them (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090316/ap_on_re_us/homeless_airports - broken link)

That was news to me.
There's a whole bunch of vagrants in the downtown area, lounging around Woodruff Park and Barbara Ansley Square at 5 Points MARTA station. Some of it is people with mental illnesses and I blame the state for that one. Another small part could be the economy. But a large part in my opinion is usually lazy people who refuse to do anything to help themselves. I work everyday downtown and the same people I saw who were lazy, idle, and shiftless before the economy went into a depression were still just as lazy, idle, and shiftless after.

But what can ya do?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:35 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,622,775 times
How do the homeless get to the Atlanta Airport? Granted it's probably been 20 years since I flew out of Atlanta (Always avoided it whenever possible yech), I remember it being somewhat remote (for Atlanta). Of course, I always came in on the shuttle. Is someone bussing them here, and why the airport?

Old 03-17-2009, 12:18 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,913,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
How do the homeless get to the Atlanta Airport? Granted it's probably been 20 years since I flew out of Atlanta (Always avoided it whenever possible yech), I remember it being somewhat remote (for Atlanta). Of course, I always came in on the shuttle. Is someone bussing them here, and why the airport?
The Marta Train runs directly into the The Airport so that's how the homeless arrive for the most part.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:16 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,377,598 times
It is hard to remove them unless you just begin hassling everybody about why they are there and what not. But there are plenty of them on camp creek parkway running up and down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta