Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:01 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times

Advertisements

Here is a bit of news that all interested in the Toco Hill/Executive Park/Briarcliff area should find interesting.

Go Here>>>

AJC
Sembler to unveil smaller Town Briarcliff plan | ajc.com (http://tinyurl.com/65ekf6 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 08:08 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
Well there's a shocker.....

Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Well there's a shocker.....
Not a shocker. When the school board wouldn't sell the schools--they said they would revise the plan and so they have. The Commissioners say that they want a 'European' style 'town' in the area and so 'WE' will have one--having lived here 'too long' that is one thing I have learned.

July 15--Citizens of DeKalb ---Cast you vote wisely.

Don Broussard. Good Guy---that is all I will say.

TakeAhike

Old 07-07-2008, 08:34 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times
The 'downscaling' of the Sembler project is not to say that the neighborhood is not in for BIG changes in the near future.
- Executive Park is in for major (and denser) re-development, including a retail center adjacent to Loehmann's Plaza.
- The 'loop' that will encircle the area, as well as the redesigned off-ramp on I-85, is still in the planning stages.
- Plans are underway to redevelop the North Druid Hills corridor between Briarcliff and LaVista. The proposal includes five story structures that would replace existing SFHs.

Get ready...

Old 07-07-2008, 09:22 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
- Executive Park is in for major (and denser) re-development, including a retail center adjacent to Loehmann's Plaza.

Get ready...

I have mixed feelings about the Sembler plan, but Executive Park, in my opinion, should be replaced. Single story office parks are a poor use of space.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I have mixed feelings about the Sembler plan, but Executive Park, in my opinion, should be replaced. Single story office parks are a poor use of space.
Yes, and that is exactly what is occurring there.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:58 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Yes, and that is exactly what is occurring there.
I drove through there on Saturday and saw no signs of construction. When are they going to bring in the wrecking ball?

Old 07-07-2008, 10:01 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,665,242 times
I think that in DeKalb we need to decide what kind of community we want now and in 15 years. I have real doubts (and much experience) about how long multi-family rental housing can remain high quality. We know with garden apartments, that even those in the best parts of town, start to decline after about 10 years (or sooner if not in such nice parts of town), what we don't know is whether these mid (and eventually high) rise apartments will just deteriorate as well.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
I think that in DeKalb we need to decide what kind of community we want now and in 15 years. I have real doubts (and much experience) about how long multi-family rental housing can remain high quality. We know with garden apartments, that even those in the best parts of town, start to decline after about 10 years (or sooner if not in such nice parts of town), what we don't know is whether these mid (and eventually high) rise apartments will just deteriorate as well.
The neighborhood associations in the area have been proactive as far as voicing what kind of development they want (or don't want) in the area. They are taking a very conservative stand as far as the density of incoming development, and are steadfastly against any more apartments being built in the NDH corridor.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I drove through there on Saturday and saw no signs of construction. When are they going to bring in the wrecking ball?
Things are still in the development phase, and will be for a while.
Here's a website that gives regular updates on what's going on around there:

www.briarcliffnorthdruidhills.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta