Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 04:11 PM

3 posts, read 9,655 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! First let me apologize if this has already been asked.
I'm relocating from SC to ATL for work and I wanted to get some opinions on places to live.
My office is actually off of Briarcliff Drive and I would like to live within 10-15 minutes of the location...in either an apartment or a townhome type area(which I am having trouble finding), or a home for rent. Being pointed to a lot of places in midtown, but i'm not sure how far that is, and the prices are a little bit more than I'm used to--but it's sticker shock , and i can afford it, just want a good deal. ( I want at least a 2 bedroom/bath though).
Any suggestions on where to start? I'm moving at the end of September..
Thanks!
Oh--i just read the first post:
1. Budget- up to 1300 a month (can go up to 1500)
2. House/Condo/Townhome?(condo/townhome/aparment
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)-commute
4. Children(public school vs. private)-no kids
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two-i'm fine with suburban, but not super far from the action
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?-not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.-diverse, mix of old/young
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,274,394 times
Check out rentals in the 30033 zip code. Your budget would get you a 3 bedroom house (if you prefer that to an apartment or townhome) and it's convenient to Briarcliff.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:56 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Where on Briarcliff Road? That is a street that goes on for miles.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:01 PM

It's near the briar hills drive..but it doesn't have to be super close--but no more than 10-15 min away...

Also, are there any townhome companies that you all know of? Not sure where to start on the homes for rent listings?

Old 08-09-2011, 02:26 PM

That's a great area of Briarcliff and it's super close to Emory University so there are lots of apartments in the area. My suggestion of the 30033 zip code (particularly the Medlock Park area) still holds if you want a house for under $1300/mo. Otherwise, you shouldn't have any problem finding an apartment in the area -- of course, there will probably be a lot of students living in the apartment complex, but hopefully that's not a problem.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:15 AM

I've found a lot of apartments through pro move, but I have problems finding any homes or townhomes for rent? any leads? Also, how are the emory u kids to live with? Is it too crazy?
I like these but I'm not sure if they are cheaper b/c it's a dump or not..Camden St. Clair
3000 Briarcliff Road
Atlanta GA 30329

Old 08-10-2011, 10:38 AM

You'll probably need to visit individual complexes to get a sense of the vibe and ask neighbors what it's like to live there.

For agent-listed rentals, you can find them via georgiamls.com. For example, here's a search of rental properties in 30033 priced to $1,500:

Georgia Multiple Listing Service

Of course, Craigslist is a place where tons of people advertise rental properties (exercise care when renting from properties advertised on Craigslist since it's also a place where lots of scammers go to trick people into parting with their money).

Old 08-12-2011, 06:19 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bntbell View Post
I've found a lot of apartments through pro move, but I have problems finding any homes or townhomes for rent? any leads? Also, how are the emory u kids to live with? Is it too crazy?
I like these but I'm not sure if they are cheaper b/c it's a dump or not..Camden St. Clair
3000 Briarcliff Road
Atlanta GA 30329
They look perfectly fine from the street. The surrounding neighborhoods are good, and Camden has great access to I-85 (Clairmont Rd. exit).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: