Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:45 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,118,032 times

Advertisements

^^^Yep you are right and the shameful trust that took on the two primary loans has a lawyer that claims he is "sorry that the business community in Atlanta would work to bring about this result, which hurts nobody more than our defenseless citizens." Defenseless my butt. With all that coke they are slinging I am sure they have something to back it up and protect it. Looks like Peachtree Pines will continue to be an ulcer in an otherwise OK area (although Peachtree Pines seems to have attracted other properties to cater to the nice homeless men there, too).

Pathetic situation, and what trust in their right mind would take on those loans. They aren't doing it for profit (I would not think) and they sure as hek realize that Peachtree Pines is the worst mission in Atlanta that does nothing more than spread criminality and homelessness/victimhood. Eww, that "trust" bothers me. There are simply too many good examples of shelters and help for homeless men in this city for it to even be legal to associate with, run, or maintain Peachtree Pines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 03:09 PM

34 posts, read 66,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
I have seen some "nicer" looking old men who live at Peachtree Pine and probably do not cause problems aside from sapping money and resources from others, but they are the minority. Most of what I have seen are young hustlers that go by the names of "Red", "Brooklyn", "New York", "LA", etc and take names of places or hoods they're from so their identity remains unclear while they peddle drugs. I feel sorry for all the residents and business owners who suffer because people do not want to park their car in the area, open up shop, visit, or live.

While union missions are a necessary part of inner cities, when a neighborhood that has them is on the up and up, it is time to move the missions elsewhere. I like what Cafe 458 and Samaritan House do for homeless men in Atlanta. They have strict standards for men that can come in for help (drug/alcohol free and putting forth valient effort to get a job), and they are only open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. They don't offer places to sleep, but being fully volunteer run, they offer food, washers/dryers, computers, and guidance. Samaritan Atlanta also runs Cafe 458 on Edgewood near the King Memorial, which is a little restaurant for homeless men.

Peachtree Pines seems like a joke of a center, a halfway house for hustlers, peddlers, gangbusters, and other criminals to spend some free time making tax free money before they end up right back in jail. How does the APD drive by every night and not put a stop to the loitering on those 2 city blocks? I walked through there a couple times, and maybe partially because I was a young white guy obviously in college, every person there tried to sell me coke. It was an open air market I tell you. One guy offered his "assistance" to "protect" me from all of that as I walked by, but it was a little freaky and he was just trying to shift some product onto me too, obviously. This was during the early evening, btw, not at 2 a.m.

Peachtree Pines NEEDS to legally go through the foreclosure process SOON like it was going to, because too many people have too much at stake if it does not, and too many good citizens with good ideas have great visions for the place. Atlanta is in the hole so bad, I don't know why its coffers and its tax paying and law abiding citizens get shoved aside for gang bangers who take from the taxpayers/the city and cause problems and place more pressure on the coffers. That building and the whole area can produce quite a bit of income for the city, and more income actually equates to the city having even more ability to "help" inner city thugs lead unproductive lives on social services (which sometimes seems to be a focus of the city, so it's ironic they don't have the business sense to forecast that).
Thank you! Well said! *Applause*

Old 07-30-2010, 09:36 AM

Anyone have any updates on the foreclosure and more importantly the eviction?

Old 08-03-2010, 12:43 PM

Bump

Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 AM

Bump #2

Old 08-23-2010, 10:56 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,049,541 times
You'll have better luck contacting Kwanza Hall - Kwanza Hall Bio/contact Page

khall@atlantaga.gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by imb951 View Post
Bump #2

Old 10-05-2010, 01:32 PM

Just the other day I saw a drug deal go down amongst the homeless loiterers at the intersection of Courtland and Pine, after almost running over a careless jaywalker in the same group.

Yesterday I was unpleasantly surprised to see a shelter resident urinating in broad daylight against the 450 Piedmont fence.

For this, and many other reasons, I refuse to let this thread die until the shelter and its residents are cleared out and moved to a more practical location.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:29 PM

4 posts, read 8,849 times
Bump!

Old 10-21-2010, 12:56 PM

Thanks Belle. Shameless bump

Old 10-23-2010, 01:19 PM

33 posts, read 57,645 times
I think the cocaine sales in Renaissance Park and in that motel on Pine are more of an actual threat, however the SoNo shelter's residents are surely a more visible thing. Definitely a problem because of perceptions. The homeless issue is a very intricate thing, yes, but I think it's time they looked to move this particular project elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta