Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2022, 12:38 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times

Advertisements

The commute to and from Alpharetta is probably the relatively least appealing thing about this community.

But even the commute is not too terribly bad by North metro Atlanta suburban standards, with the morning commute to Alpharetta taking anywhere from about 30 minutes (on the best days) to about an hour (on the most challenging days), somewhat depending upon where you might be commuting to in Alpharetta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2022, 12:39 PM

337 posts, read 298,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
YES!!! The community in question (also known as Edinburgh or Bears Best Estates Edinburgh) is indeed an active Swim/Tennis Community.

The schools (in the North Gwinnett HS cluster of the Gwinnett County Public Schools system) are excellent and are regarded as some of the best public schools in the entire Southeastern U.S.

The North Gwinnett HS cluster and Suwanee area also is an area of growing diversity with a fast-growing Asian population. North Gwinnett HS has a ‘majority-minority’ student population where racial and ethnic minorities make up a majority of the student population.

Here is a link to some detailed information on the amenities that the Bears Best Estates Edinburgh gated community has to offer:
Bears Best Estates Edinburgh

The area in question also provides some really good/great access access to some very high-quality nearby public outdoor recreational amenities along the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area (which runs along the western edge of the Bears Best Estates Edinburgh community), at Lake Lanier and in the foothills and ranges of the Blue Ridge Mountains wilderness region of North Georgia, Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee.

It’s an excellent area to target for a home purchase.

I have a B2R recommended Active Swim/Tennis communities list. I always look through that list before considering a home. It did not have Bears Best in it. This link to the community website was helpful.

Thanks

Old 04-28-2022, 01:30 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,423,588 times
Schools great. Last time I played the course it had been washed out by rain so not the best impression. Commute I'd rate a solid B. There are many of these S/T communities towards and in Alpharetta with very good ratings as well.

Old 04-28-2022, 02:37 PM

1,374 posts, read 923,022 times
It's a nice area, probably the second-best community in that part of Suwanee after the River Club on Moore road.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:53 PM

Another interesting note about the Bears Best Estates Edinburgh community is that, in addition to being located immediately next to the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area corridor, the Bears Best Estates Edinburgh community is located immediately next to a large park area in Settles Bridge Park.

It is a park that has two sections: A section that is federally-owned, managed, and maintained by the federal government (Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, Settles Bridge Unit); and a local section that is owned and maintained by Gwinnett County government (Settles Bridge Park).

Old 04-28-2022, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Another interesting note about the Bears Best Estates Edinburgh community is that, in addition to being located immediately next to the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area corridor, the Bears Best Estates Edinburgh community is located immediately next to a large park area in Settles Bridge Park.

It is a park that has two sections: A section that is federally-owned, managed, and maintained by the federal government (Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, Settles Bridge Unit); and a local section that is owned and maintained by Gwinnett County government (Settles Bridge Park).

Awesome parks. Thanks for all the helpful responses to all of you.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:19 AM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
Quote:

That park is the best one in Suwanee, there's lots of trails and if you go on the smaller 'single track' ones they're pretty quiet and you can walk along the river for a good ways. But all along the Chattahoochee there good trails, from Buford Dam down, some official, some under the radar.

How often are you gonna be in Alpharetta? I would think that if you head there pretty often, it'd be better just to be on the west side of the Chattahoochee. It's like 10-15 minutes to get from Bears Best to the river crossings during commute times, that community is like a giant cul de sac with one way out. And I think the Johns Creek side is pretty nice as well. If you worked east of the river, it would be more appealing.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:30 PM

Default Glen Abbey Community

We are looking at a home in Alpharetta soon.
It is in glen abbey community.
I searched previous messages in this forum and also found their website.
https://www.glenabbeyhoa.com/home/

It does seem to have swim/tennis/club house.
My kids are 10 and 12 so my hope is that they can find kids of their age.
I was wondering if it is an active Swim/Tennis community?

Is glen abbey community located in a good area? I have heard that there are no bad areas in Alpharetta. I was wondering what the traffic will be like to drop/pick them to/from school?
Schools are "webb bridge middle school and alpharetta high school"

Thanks

Old 05-04-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post
We are looking at a home in Alpharetta soon.
It is in glen abbey community.
I searched previous messages in this forum and also found their website.
https://www.glenabbeyhoa.com/home/

It does seem to have swim/tennis/club house.
My kids are 10 and 12 so my hope is that they can find kids of their age.
I was wondering if it is an active Swim/Tennis community?
Yes!!!...

From what I know and have heard, Glen Abbey generally is a very active swim/tennis community that seems to be reflected in the community’s seemingly active (yet private) social events page on Facebook.

Glen Abbey Social Events | Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post
Is glen abbey community located in a good area? I have heard that there are no bad areas in Alpharetta. I was wondering what the traffic will be like to drop/pick them to/from school?
Schools are "webb bridge middle school and alpharetta high school"

Thanks
Yes, the area that the Glen Abbey community is located in is considered to be a very good area... one of the best areas in suburban metro Atlanta with the numerous amenities in an area of the highest-ranked schools near and surrounding a very large employment hub that is filled with well-paying jobs.

The only significant challenge with the area will be the traffic congestion, which will be the worst on weekdays when schools are in session and will be generating much school drop-off traffic in the morning and much school pick-up traffic in the afternoon, along with school bus traffic and a growing amount of rush hour commuter traffic coming out of the pandemic.

The traffic will be a real bear on many days.

Though, that probably shouldn’t be surprising given the continued popularity of and high-demand for real estate (housing and business space) in such an extremely fast-growing area that is loaded with amenities on a limited road network.

Old 06-09-2022, 11:26 AM

Default Feedback on Turnberry Community in Suwanee

We are looking at a home in Suwanee(Forsyth). It is in Turnberry community.
Schools are excellent.
If found these amenities

Club House
Gated
Playground
Sidewalk
Street Lights
Junior Olympic Swimming Pool
2 Tennis Courts Lighted and Pavilion
Tot Lot
Outdoor Patio with Fireplace

This community was not mentioned in B2R's active swim/tennis communities.
I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this community. Do you have any opinions/experiences with this community?
Is this a good Swim/Tennis Community?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta