Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 09:28 AM

338 posts, read 300,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Its sooo tempting. I have been in a new position for less than a year where I am able to teach myself Python and develop programs on the job alongside my normal duties. I'm making the salary of a SWE with 0-2 years of experience and i'm debating whether I want to stick around for more than a year or two.

I like my job, but the prospect of a 50% bump in salary has me conflicted on what I should do.
It all depends on what makes you happy and what other priorities are.
Are you still learning in your current job?
Do you like the people you work with?
Do you have other hobbies that take up your time?
How much time does your family commitment require?

50% raise will come with additional expectations and responsibilities.
If you are in a place in your life where your career is most important and can handle additional stress and responsibilities go for it.

I did this 23 years ago. I doubled my salary as it was a 100% raise. It all worked out and I never looked back. I was single and enjoyed what I did so it was not a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 04:24 PM

Default Taylor Glen Milton Community

I am trying to figure out if this is an active Swim/Tennis community.
We looking at a home which shows there is a HOA but no other details are provided.

Thanks

Old 04-07-2022, 05:17 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,508,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post
I am trying to figure out if this is an active Swim/Tennis community.
We looking at a home which shows there is a HOA but no other details are provided.

Thanks
From what I know of it, Taylor Glen does NOT appear to be an active swim/tennis community.

The development has no community swimming pool or tennis courts on-site, and many individual homes in the community have their own individual private backyard swimming pools.

If you are looking for an active swim/tennis community for purposes of social networking and growth, this community (even with as upscale and affluent as it is) likely may not be the best relocation choice for you and your family.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:18 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
This realtor site claims they have both swim and tennis:
https://www.omegahome.com/milton-ga/taylor-glen/

Old 04-07-2022, 06:10 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Hard to believe you could have an upscale Milton subdivision without swim and tennis.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
This realtor site claims they have both swim and tennis:
https://www.omegahome.com/milton-ga/taylor-glen/
Maybe the Taylor Glen community has an agreement for its residents to have access to a community swimming pool and tennis courts in another neighborhood?

Because the Taylor Glen community itself has no community swimming pool and tennis courts on-site:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ta...!4d-84.3527929

If being in an active swim/tennis community is a dealbreaker, the OP should make absolutely certain that the Taylor Glen community would give their family the access to an active community swimming pool apparatus in a community where there is no community swimming pool located on-site within the neighborhood.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:49 PM

1,145 posts, read 4,213,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
I'd argue that it probably is at this point, due to how ridiculous tech salaries are. Nothing against programmers, but you can be a mediocre programmer and earn 200+ just by virtue of having ~ 5 years experience and job hopping at the opportune moment... and there are a LOT of these jobs available. Most of them are centered around the city proper and Alpharetta

There are other industries where this is possible but there are usually higher barriers to entry like working long hours, needing a more advanced degree or training than a 4 year BS, needing to network your way into some kind of good'ol'boy network, or there not being that many positions open at any given time.
I hear ya, tech salaries are huge. But the flip side is that age-ism is a big problem in programming, so you can't rely on those high salaries your entire career (especially if you aren't interested in management).

Old 04-12-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
I hear ya, tech salaries are huge. But the flip side is that age-ism is a big problem in programming, so you can't rely on those high salaries your entire career (especially if you aren't interested in management).
Agree 100%

Old 04-28-2022, 11:55 AM

Default Feedback on Bears Best Suwanee Community

We are considering buying a home in Suwanee. It is in Bears Best gated community?

Is this an active Swim Tennis Community?
What kind of commute should be expect from here to Alpharetta Area?
Schools are North Gwinnett middle and high. Elementary school is riverside elementary.
Ratings look excellent and the schools look diverse as well.
Any general feedback about this area and community will be appreciated.

I did google best best and found the website for the golf course which looks awesome.

Thanks

Old 04-28-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post
We are considering buying a home in Suwanee. It is in Bears Best gated community?

Is this an active Swim Tennis Community?
What kind of commute should be expect from here to Alpharetta Area?
Schools are North Gwinnett middle and high. Elementary school is riverside elementary.
Ratings look excellent and the schools look diverse as well.
Any general feedback about this area and community will be appreciated.

I did google best best and found the website for the golf course which looks awesome.

Thanks
YES!!! The community in question (also known as Edinburgh or Bears Best Estates Edinburgh) is indeed an active Swim/Tennis Community.

The schools (in the North Gwinnett HS cluster of the Gwinnett County Public Schools system) are excellent and are regarded as some of the best public schools in the entire Southeastern U.S.

The North Gwinnett HS cluster and Suwanee area also is an area of growing diversity with a fast-growing Asian population. North Gwinnett HS has a ‘majority-minority’ student population where racial and ethnic minorities make up a majority of the student population.

Here is a link to some detailed information on the amenities that the Bears Best Estates Edinburgh gated community has to offer:
Bears Best Estates Edinburgh

The area in question also provides some really good/great access access to some very high-quality nearby public outdoor recreational amenities along the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area (which runs along the western edge of the Bears Best Estates Edinburgh community), at Lake Lanier and in the foothills and ranges of the Blue Ridge Mountains wilderness region of North Georgia, Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee.

It’s an excellent area to target for a home purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta