Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 08:09 AM

109 posts, read 329,708 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in frieze carpeting and I wanted to know if anyone can recommend a good place for carpeting. Are outlets better? Home Depot?

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,677,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher30004 View Post
I'm interested in frieze carpeting and I wanted to know if anyone can recommend a good place for carpeting. Are outlets better? Home Depot?

What are your thoughts?
If I were you, I'd stay away from Home Depot and other big box stores for carpets. Are you on the north side of Atlanta? If you are, you're close to Dalton. Drive up there .You'll get a much better deal. If you're on the southside, it's still worth your time. Jump online and do a search for carpet +Dalton and I'm sure you'll find some great deals. Drive up there and haggle with them and you'll get an even better deal. They will also recommend people to install the carpet you buy if you ask them. They should charge a lot less than the depot's installers and will pick up and deliver your carpet to your house. I can give you the specific name of the place that gave me a deal, but that won't necessarily be the best place for you. Just drive up the strip at exit 328 on I-75 and do some comparison shopping at the various outlets.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:03 PM

297 posts, read 1,540,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If I were you, I'd stay away from Home Depot and other big box stores for carpets. Are you on the north side of Atlanta? If you are, you're close to Dalton. Drive up there .You'll get a much better deal. If you're on the southside, it's still worth your time. Jump online and do a search for carpet +Dalton and I'm sure you'll find some great deals. Drive up there and haggle with them and you'll get an even better deal. They will also recommend people to install the carpet you buy if you ask them. They should charge a lot less than the depot's installers and will pick up and deliver your carpet to your house. I can give you the specific name of the place that gave me a deal, but that won't necessarily be the best place for you. Just drive up the strip at exit 328 on I-75 and do some comparison shopping at the various outlets.
Agreed. I would try Carpets of Dalton. Good luck!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:17 PM

42 posts, read 202,454 times
Default Carpet installers question?

I bought $900 worth of living room carpet from Home Depot on Holcomb Bridge Road in Roswell, and used their standard installers - the guys they sent were WONDERFUL! The install itself (now 6 months old) has held up beautifully, and they did a great job on install day - moved ALL my furniture (three more pieces than the 5 they quoted as "included") out and back into position, they ripped up the old carpet, pulled all the staples and tack strips, vacuumed the underlayment TWICE to be sure to get all the loose bodies, and then vacuumed the new carpet when they were all done to pick up the trimmings. They were two Hispanic guys in their thirties - one spoke English fluently, one almost not at all - but both were pleasant and polite, and glad to do a top notch job. They even went out of their way to leave us with remnants as large as possible so we could deploy them as area rugs in other parts of the house.

I would not hesitate to use Home Depot again for a wall-to-wall purchase and install as they did everything possible to make it a positive experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher30004 View Post

What are your thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta