Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 02:46 PM

286 posts, read 1,087,228 times

Advertisements

I could not believe it when I saw on NBC nightly news that Georgia actually wants to try and take land from TN after 200+ years? Just because of your drought? LOL. Yeah, you all must be thirsty and it has affected your brains. Wow, another battle of Chattanooga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 02:50 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,267,172 times
Old news...there's already a thread here about it.

and you will find that most people on THIS forum think it's pretty silly but JUST in line with former strategies of our praying and fishing guvnah.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:25 PM

7 posts, read 28,795 times
Wink Tenn. River Project

Dear Outsider,

Just who are you calling a Crazy Georgian?

We are not planning on hurting those folks up the road, much.

Besides we have a lot to offer them, and you never know, but what they've waited for generations for this time of deliverance. Who knows what hell they have suffered at the hands of Tenn. State Government?

See this as an opportunity, and focus on the big picture. We have people, they have water. We need to expand our tax base, they have land.

This seems to work for me; therefore, it stands to reason that they will like it too!

Welcome to Georgia

Pamella

Old 02-29-2008, 11:27 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,785,882 times
Chattanooga is going to be part of metro ATL in 30 years, so regardless of the state they are in, they will be in the same boat as metro ATL.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:05 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,907,572 times
Even though I'm packing up and leaving, You can't have our land. No land for you !

Seriously though, they need to get a life... Moving a border for access to a lake ? funniest thing I think I've ever heard from the Government.. why not just pay for it like everyone else ?

It's not Tennessee's fault that Georgia got no rain..

Old 03-01-2008, 07:59 AM

I think it's just the idiot Perdue. GA can work with the bordering states to build desalination plants and water pipelines. Perdue should get off his lazy butt and start doing his job.

Hmmm.... What happened to this in 2006? Georgia General Assembly - HR 1551

Quote:

Creating the Joint Comprehensive Water Desalination Study Committee; and for other purposes.

WHEREAS, the task of securing sustainable water sources for Georgia while improving and preserving the quality of coastal waters, rivers, lakes, and ground water is vital to the citizenry of the state; and

WHEREAS, since 1964, the General Assembly has passed laws relating to water quality protection and water quantity allocation; and

WHEREAS, these laws and subsequent programs form a strong foundation for water policy in Georgia; and

WHEREAS, rapid population growth in coastal Georgia, increased tourism, and sustained industrial activity have adversely affected coastal Georgiás water resources and limited the available water supply; and

WHEREAS, recent stresses to Georgiás water resources mandate a re-examination of Georgiás water policy in Georgia and the viability of alternative water sources such as purification of sea water through the desalination process; and

WHEREAS, desalination may be a potential method to augment water supply sources, to reduce water shortages in future droughts, and to help preserve this valuable resource; and

WHEREAS, additional actions are necessary to provide safe and secure water supply for predicted population growth at least 20 years into the future; and

WHEREAS, in light of the above issues it is now time to study the viability of using desalination in Georgia.
Articles on desalination:
Water Worries | GeorgiaTrend.com
WateReuse Association - Creating New Sources of High Quality Water (broken link)
Desalination likely to move forward | SavannahNow.com

Old 03-01-2008, 08:15 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,109,450 times
There's no question that the people who run Georgia are idiots in most cases, but it is actually true that the current border of Georgia is 1.1 miles south of where it was set by Congress, at the 35th parallel - that fact is actually not in dispute. The question that the courts will have to address is that the current border has been recognized by both states for the past 200 or so years without much dispute. Most likely, the courts will say that the current border stands as the people in the disputed area have been paying TN taxes, voting in TN elections, etc. for the past couple of hundred years with only a couple of attempts by GA to change the border.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:20 AM

By the way, conservation efforts are going well in some parts of metro Atlanta. Smyrna has cut water usage by over 10% in the last year just by municipal improvements to water distribution lines to repair leaks. However, new sources of water need to be found, since any conservation efforts will not make up for a 30% metro population increase in the future.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:28 AM

73,108 posts, read 62,755,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by financelife View Post
I could not believe it when I saw on NBC nightly news that Georgia actually wants to try and take land from TN after 200+ years? Just because of your drought? LOL. Yeah, you all must be thirsty and it has affected your brains. Wow, another battle of Chattanooga.
I say GA gets whatever it gets. GA couldn't manage population growth and water supplies properly, so if it runs out of water, we know who to blame and if residents start leaving and going to other states, well then, that's okay. GA shouldn't try to steal water from Tennessee. So what if we are in a drought? So what? Whatever GA is trying to do is tantamount to stealing.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:31 AM

73,108 posts, read 62,755,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
I think it's just the idiot Perdue. GA can work with the bordering states to build desalination plants and water pipelines. Perdue should get off his lazy butt and start doing his job.

Hmmm.... What happened to this in 2006? Georgia General Assembly - HR 1551

Articles on desalination:
Water Worries | GeorgiaTrend.com
WateReuse Association - Creating New Sources of High Quality Water (broken link)
Desalination likely to move forward | SavannahNow.com

That is what happens when you get a stupid good-old boy like Perdue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta