Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 03:44 PM
odu odu started this thread

40 posts, read 117,272 times

Advertisements

I'm a 28 year old african american female. I'll possibly be relocating to Atlanta from OH. I'd be working in Alpharetta, zip 30004. I definitely want to live intown, but am not sure of the commute. I'm comfortable with a reverse commute that would take no more than 45 minutes to an hour. What are the best areas for me intown? I'd be looking to rent an apt or condo and pay up to $1,000 a month for a 1 bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 04:00 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,785,882 times
You'll probably want to live in Buckhead or Brookhaven or your commute will be too long, unless you're able to take a shuttle from the North Springs station. Reverse commutes across 285/400 interchange are still bad, so I'd pick an area where you are close to the perimeter and can cut across it to avoid the 285/400 interchange. It's not intown, but I'd also look at Dunwoody and Sandy Springs.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:39 PM

20 posts, read 85,087 times
We just did an apartment search in the north Atlanta area - we were searching for a 3 bedroom though. ANYWAY There were 3 properties we were most impressed with. Post Properties (I think they have at least 2 in the area you are looking in), Gables Metropolitan and Walton Properties. We actually chose a community that is right in the zip code you are working in!
We used a rental relocation realty group to get our search started. They were fantastic and it was of no charge - they are paid by the referral fees they get from the communities you visit/lease with.
Here are websites for each of those management companies:
Apartments for Rent - Post Apartment Homes - Furnished Luxury Apartments - Condominiums
Gables ::: Taking Care of the Way People Live, luxury apartments, rentals, accommodation, rental housing, lease
Walton Communities - Luxury Apartment Homes (broken link)
Hope this helps!
Danielle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta