Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 02:44 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,755,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
"Resurgens Atlanta." The city motto as the soccer team name. I like.

Really, any combination of "Resurgens FC," etc. would be better than any of these:

Sorry, those all sound too gimmicky and not nearly as grand. "Atlanta Depot"? Like a play on "Home Depot"??
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
eh. i like the idea but are you seriously saying 'resurgens' rolls off the tongue better than 'phoenix'??

i think it might be neat if, instead of creating an arbitrary mascot, they just announce the team colours and call the team Atlanta FC, and over time the fans will come up with their own chants and legends and whatnot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrob View Post
You have to put Atlanta in there, because people from elsewhere will have to figure out where their home is. Resurgens is a good choice. They can do without FC, though. Seems a little gimmicky.
Personally, I don't think the FC is gimmicky, but if so, it's not needed.
And I don't agree that the name HAS TO have "Atlanta" in it, but I can understand your thought behind it.

But that's why I made this thread! To get the minds together & let's not allow "Atlanta Phoenix" to happen!!!

I like the name "Resurgens Atlanta" MOST OF ALL!!!! WHAT A GREAT, CLASSY NAME!!!! Screw the FC!!!

I say let's go with Resurgens Atlanta!!!
Let's get the word out!!!

Last edited by Psykomonkee; 06-13-2014 at 03:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 02:28 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,188,836 times
Is there an official website we can go to submit team name ideas?

Old 06-14-2014, 03:04 PM

Anyone know how I can change the thread name from "Resurgens FC" to "Resurgens Atlanta?"
Or can you just not change the thread name once you've submitted it?

Old 06-14-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Is there an official website we can go to submit team name ideas?
I don't think there is yet, but I am trying to find out myself. I am also trying to find out how to contact the "support group" called Terminus Legion, to engage them in this.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:04 PM

5 posts, read 7,572 times
There simply isn't a better name than Resurgens. And we can still have the phoenix as our mascot.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:32 PM

924 posts, read 1,462,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
I don't think there is yet, but I am trying to find out myself. I am also trying to find out how to contact the "support group" called Terminus Legion, to engage them in this.

https://www.facebook.com/terminuslegion
Terminus Legion: Passionate Supports of Atlanta Soccer

Doesn't seem like you spent much time trying to find them, those are the first two links that come up when you type Terminus Legion into Google.

In regards to the name, Resurgens isn't bad but if I was picking I prefer something related to Terminus myself.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:53 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,223,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damagon View Post
There simply isn't a better name than Resurgens. And we can still have the phoenix as our mascot.
Bingo!

Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,267,491 times
I brought it up to some family this weekend and all but 1 loved the Resurgens name. I will be disappointed if they go with something else at this point.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:02 PM

32,061 posts, read 37,005,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieg73 View Post
Why the need for FC or SC? I don't get it. I hate it when American clubs try to take 100 years of European soccer history and claim it as their own. There is no Atlanta Braves BC or Atlanta Falcons AFC or Atlanta Hawks BC, so why does the MLS club need the extra initials? It's like a doctor going out of his way to sign everything with "M.D." at the end of it.
Actually the Braves are correctly known as the Atlanta Braves National League Baseball Club and the Falcons are the Atlanta Falcons Football Club.

I don't think it's at all pretentious to add FC or SC after the soccer team, since they will be new in town and you don't want people confusing them with a bunch of orthopaedic surgeons.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:31 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,566,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
GET THE WORD OUT!!!
I dont really like the name that you choose, but who do you like for the World Cup?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta