Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,618 times

Advertisements

"The DeKalb County Board of Commissioners were presented with the new MARTA Code of Conduct at its Aug. 20 meeting of the whole.

These new mandates will affect all MARTA riders starting Oct. 1. If a rider violates any of the new mandates, they can be suspended from riding MARTA from seven days to a year..."

Read more: Neighbor Newspapers - MARTA officials propose Code of Conduct

Last edited by LynnHarris; 08-29-2013 at 11:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 11:36 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
How in tarnation are they going to enforce a "suspension"????

Old 08-29-2013, 11:39 AM

104 posts, read 141,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
For the most part you can't proactively but if a person is suspended from using MARTA and then gets in trouble again, they can be charged with criminal trespass, which can land them in jail.

Last edited by Jillgineer; 08-29-2013 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-29-2013, 11:39 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I think the idea sounds good in "theory", but I think it will be difficult to enforce.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:44 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillgineer View Post
For the most part you can't proactively but if a person is suspend from using MARTA and then gets in trouble again, they can be charged with criminal trespass, which can land them in jail.
Sounds like you may be right. I found this from '02: No Ticket to Ride

Old 08-29-2013, 12:08 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
This is absolutely ridiculous! MARTA will become one of very few transit operators that wouldn't even allow small animals in containers, and would basically prohibit families with young children from riding. The few times I've even seen strollers on board that didn't "break down" they were well out of the way in the handicapped/bicycle/luggage area. MARTA has bigger fish to fry and really should stop wasting time on trivial matters!

Old 08-29-2013, 12:18 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
I find the wording a bit confusing.
Quote:
The design of the new mandates is to help improve customer service across the board and help with fiscal relief by reducing 150 executive positions. With improved customer services, the desire for MARTA is to develop the areas around 10 rail stations, which would include one in Avondale.
So, this is more than just a code of conduct?

WHY THE HELL ARE THERE 150 EXECUTIVE POSITIONS AT MARTA?!?! I must be reading this wrong.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:19 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous! MARTA will become one of very few transit operators that wouldn't even allow small animals in containers, and would basically prohibit families with young children from riding. The few times I've even seen strollers on board that didn't "break down" they were well out of the way in the handicapped/bicycle/luggage area. MARTA has bigger fish to fry and really should stop wasting time on trivial matters!
Bigger issue is people coming/going to the Airport and their luggage taking up seats and blocking aisles. When my wife and I travel with our stroller, we always park it in the luggage areas.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 PM

104 posts, read 141,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I find the wording a bit confusing.

So, this is more than just a code of conduct?

WHY THE HELL ARE THERE 150 EXECUTIVE POSITIONS AT MARTA?!?! I must be reading this wrong.
The word executive is meaningless. In some places everyone who is on salary rather than being paid hourly is considered an executive. In others, anyone who works in the office rather than in the field is considered an executive. The word sounds like someone who would have a key to the executive washroom and fly around in a helicopter but anyone who has worked in HR can tell you, it's one of the most over used meaningless words on resumes. The other overused job title descriptor sadly is engineer, which is annoying for those of us who actually earned an engineering degree and are licensed.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,441 times
MARTA continuing to waste resources and money on stupid projects.

Where is the savior Parker on this one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta