Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 09:22 AM

368 posts, read 539,799 times

Advertisements

New for 2014, the largest expansion in Six Flags over Georgia's history: Hurricane Harbor Waterpark.

Coming in 2014, Six Flags Over Georgia will introduce a brand new multi-million dollar expansion and add a new in-park water park. This new area, known as Hurricane Harbor, is the largest expansion in the park’s 46-year history, and will feature several water attractions and guest amenities, including thrill slides and relaxing family fun. By adding an all-new water park, Six Flags Over Georgia will transport guests to a tropical paradise, full of wave pools, slippery slides, interactive playgrounds, and fun in the sun.
Sprawling across the landscape formerly occupied by Southern Star Amphitheater, the new water park will be themed around and invoke a remote Caribbean getaway. Lush tropical landscaping, beach scenery, and retail and dining locations will all provide the wonderful feeling of a warm beach paradise.
Hurricane Harbor encourages you to soak up the sun and cool off during the summer. The staple of the park will be Hurricane Bay, a 38,000-square-foot wave pool that simulates the feeling of ocean surf with a state-of-the-art wave system that produces waves up to four feet high. The park will also feature Tsunami Surge, a dual-slide complex that drops riders down an enclosed five-story drop and whirls them around a 40-foot-wide bowl, followed by a zero-gravity plunge out the bottom. Another multi-slide complex, Bonzai Pipelines, challenges bold adventurers to soar through winding curves, dark tunnels, and swirling bowls. Paradise Island will be a children’s activity area of the water park, with an interactive water playground featuring miniature slides, drenching towers, and hundreds of interactive water elements.
Admission to the water park will be free with general park admission or a Season Passes so you can enjoy two great destinations for one price. The all-new Hurricane Harbor will complement the neighboring water park, White Water, and will be located near The Great American Scream Machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 09:51 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,069,513 times
Thank you God, for answering my prayers...

The only thing in the world that would make me happier than being surrounded by the disgusting people who visit Six Flags is being surrounded by them in their bathing suits!

I would actually be happy about this if it looked like they were doing it right, but it's Six Flags, so I know they won't.

It doesn't look nearly as large or nice as Lanierworld, so I have no reason to venture there, but good for the people who live west of town and out of town visitors who don't know any better.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:00 AM

^My, you sure are a positive person.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,069,513 times
Would you rather I fake enthusiasm over a water park that looks inferior to both parks we already have?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:07 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,632,146 times
Great! 2014 is going to be a great year

Old 08-29-2013, 10:26 AM

Six Flags Over Georgia 2014 New Ride Hurricane Harbor Water Park - YouTube

Old 08-29-2013, 10:58 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,353,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
The only thing in the world that would make me happier than being surrounded by the disgusting people who visit Six Flags is being surrounded by them in their bathing suits!

So true.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:58 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,243,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

So that's why I've been feeling so trashy all year. Its that season pass I got for $50!

I'm a sucker for rollercoasters so I wish they would direct money and space towards more rides. Will not step foot in the shared bath.

Wonder if they are gonna close Whitewater up in Marietta?

Old 08-29-2013, 01:56 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,553,207 times
just like CedarPoint....only you have lake Erie right next to it

Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,407,959 times
People on here could make the return of christ out to be negative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta