Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 07:26 PM

202 posts, read 198,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
...Generally, Cumming is not considered what one would call a "substandard area" as Cumming and Forsyth County are considered to be one of the most affluent areas in the Atlanta region and in the state of Georgia as a whole.

Forsyth County, most of which is generally unincorporated Cumming, is also generally considered to be one of the most affluent up-and-coming suburban areas in the entire nation.

Though, as some other posters have mentioned, Forsyth County may have a history of extreme racism up through the late 1980's, but much of that history and past legacy of extreme racism has steadily given way to Forsyth County becoming increasingly consistently known as an outer suburban county of increasing wealth and affluence.

Ironically, despite the history of extreme racism, Forsyth County is also in the early stages of becoming known for a steadily-increasing level of diversity, something that is remarkable to many given the county's history and past legacy of extreme racism.

There is no doubt that Forsyth County's extremely advantageous location in the rolling foothills and low mountains of the extreme Southern Appalachians next to the popular (and crucial) Lake Lanier, as well as the construction of Georgia 400 north out of Atlanta, have also greatly helped to advance the county from a past of self-imposed isolation to a promising future as a prosperous and affluent suburban district of an increasingly cosmopolitan Atlanta region.

For many onlookers and observers, particularly those in Metro Atlanta's conspicuous land spectulation and real estate development community, the fast-rising Forsyth is the next mega-big thing on the Northside of Metro Atlanta ("mega-big" meaning continued development and population growth possibly on the massive scale of closer-in mega Northside suburbs Cobb, North Fulton and Gwinnett counties, economy permitting).

Someone from a community that is enjoying the type of peaking growth, success and popularity that Alpharetta is currently enjoying may look down their noses at Cumming and Forsyth which while very prosperous has not yet necessarily reached the more advanced level of prosperity that Alpharetta and North Fulton are enjoying.

If anything, if you are experiencing derisive looks from people in Alpharetta when you mention Cumming, it is likely a case of Alpharetta community pride going awry at the expense of a Cumming which is currently further behind an Alpharetta in terms of affluent reputation, but most certainly not quality-of-life on most accounts (except for gridlocked rush hour commutes on Highways 400, 141 and 20).

Otherwise, there is nothing "substandard" about the current state of Cumming or Forsyth as the county is definitely headed in a positive direction with very good schools that are making continued improvement, slowly but steadily increasing diversity, a rising level of prosperity, natural beauty, a great location and a promising future.
Thanks, now here take my 1M dollars and get me 3-4 houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 07:27 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,996,996 times
It just elected a new mayor after 30+ years...

Q, are you buying in "Cumming" or just in the Cumming Postal Delivery Zone. Cumming PO handles make for a large area, outside the city limits of Cumming, in Unincorporated Forsyth.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Exactly--which is why the per capita income (which is closer to/more like an average/mean) is higher in Fulton than it is in Forsyth and Fayette.

Bryant--you would've passed my math class.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsyth_County,_Georgia
1,023,336 - FULTON POPULATION
175,000 - FORSYTH population

I think numbers are deceiving and Forsyth County may not be as rich as it is projected to be

Old 11-08-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
It just elected a new mayor after 30+ years...

Q, are you buying in "Cumming" or just in the Cumming Postal Delivery Zone. Cumming PO handles make for a large area, outside the city limits of Cumming, in Unincorporated Forsyth.
Sorry, i have only been to Atlanta 3 times, never been to Cummings and have no clue about the area.

http://www.redfin.com/GA/Cumming/445.../home/24240991

Which area would you consider this falls under?

Old 11-08-2017, 07:59 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,360,279 times
Did not read this entire thread. With that said, here is my point of view:

1. Cumming, City of, or North/East/South, or West Forsyth County within the Cumming postal zone IS NOT "substandard" by any stretch. True, South Forsyth/ East Forsyth IS wealthier and more sought after thanks to the presence of Lake Lanier and proximity to job centers in North Fulton, but none of the county, even at its very rural northern extreme is "substandard", just quieter and more affordable, which is NOT a bad thing in my opinion.

2. Some people feel the need to feel superior and therefor look (and talk) down about ANYTHING that doesn't fit their "standard" and feel compared to try to "enlighten" EVERYONE and EVERYWHERE that doesn't fit their exact paradigm in often condescending and rude ways. (Try being from the wonderful south side County of Clayton around here. ;0) )

3. Don't give attention or energy to those types of people (There are WAY too many nice people with better attitudes to hang around with to give credence to such nonsense)

My last word is, I would never let anyone make me feel "substandard" about a community that I enjoyed living in, be it Clayton County or south central Forsyth. Enjoy your home!

Old 11-08-2017, 08:01 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,996,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varanj_16 View Post
Sorry, i have only been to Atlanta 3 times, never been to Cummings and have no clue about the area.

http://www.redfin.com/GA/Cumming/445.../home/24240991

Which area would you consider this falls under?
The above home is NOT in Cumming. It's in unincorporated Forsyth.

Homes are selling within day or two of going on the Market (in that price range) for full price or above. So you will not get any discounts.

How do you plan to manage these investment properties as a absentee owner. R/E management fees will eat up 10/15% of your rental income.

If your plan is to do R/E investment you need to do ALOT more research on your own, Since you don't even know that the property you are interested in is not even in Cumming.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
The above home is NOT in Cumming. It's in unincorporated Forsyth.

Homes are selling within day or two of going on the Market (in that price range) for full price or above. So you will not get any discounts.

How do you plan to manage these investment properties as a absentee owner. R/E management fees will eat up 10/15% of your rental income.

If your plan is to do R/E investment you need to do ALOT more research on your own, Since you don't even know that the property you are interested in is not even in Cumming.
True. Well like a naive-stupid-rookie (although i already own 1 property), i just saw the address had "Cumming" listed in it, so i assumed it is in Cumming. How to find out what parts are the unincorporated Forsyth area one and which one is in actual Cumming area?

I am not planning on taking up Rental Property Management help and planning to hire handy-men on my own if any fix-ups are required in a brand-new 2017 built rental in future and i will use agent to rent it out.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:18 PM

712 posts, read 701,237 times
Holy bot-driven necro thread Batman.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:51 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,487,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varanj_16 View Post
Cut to 4 years later, has Image of "CUMMINGS" changed enough to call it home? I am putting my money down in this city for a rental investment property
As of 2017, Cumming and Forsyth County continues to evolve.

The south end of the county continues to be built up.

Forsyth County's Asian population continues to grow as the North/Northeastside Asian boom continues to spillover into the county from neighboring North Fulton County (and to a lesser extent from neighboring Gwinnett County).

The continued population growth in the county has led to the construction of a sixth high school in the county (Denmark High School) which will open in August 2018.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:45 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,936,969 times
Cumming and Forsythe appear to be visually cluttered, poorly planned and skimp on infrastructure spending with what looks like rural, only the most-basic roads & signs.

Traffic is abysmal because no thought went into mitigating time spent and traffic signals with long phases for all directions when all left turn phases can be eliminated on new roads by making them a two step process thus reducing time spent sitting at intersections.

All in all, Cumming seems to have exploited cheap land and repeated same horrible development patterns that now have resulted in more hours wasted in traffic than in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta