Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 PM

7,584 posts, read 10,839,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Well, if they don't want it, they don't want, therefore I couldn't give a damn whether or not transit extends there and thus, they are irrelevant to me.
then neither is Cobb, Gwinnett, or Rockdale, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 11:40 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,184,636 times
If I can recall on the map, Rockdale and Gwinnett had rail/bus in their counties. Cobb at least had bus therefore, they are relevant, plus they have things there I care about like Kennessaw State and Kennessaw Mountain. Fayette doesn't have **** unless you care about boring golf and riding golf carts everywhere.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
If I can recall on the map, Rockdale and Gwinnett had rail/bus in their counties. Cobb at least had bus therefore, they are relevant, plus they have things there I care about like Kennessaw State and Kennessaw Mountain. Fayette doesn't have **** unless you care about boring golf and riding golf carts everywhere.
Ant, sometimes you make aggressive opinions. This is one of them.

1) watch the language. It just got old quick.

2) we don't need to write off any part of our region and say we don't care about each other. We are still a part of the same region and nothing will change that. We have a very diverse region, which is good for many reasons.

3) Believe it not... this city/region doesn't center just around what you and soley you want. We have to make it work for all. We have to find the right ways to deal with the growth we will face in the next 30 years years. That is what these plans are all about. It is the reason it is apart of our 2040 plan.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:00 AM

How about we respect their choice in them not wanting transit and leave it at that? They are voting to reject it. Not me. And 2040 plan? Ha. Try 2060. That's the dynamics of today's Atlanta. The Atlanta of the 1980s would have had this transit plan done by 2025.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:08 AM

As already stated... my opinion is we have to plan and think regionally. We can't let small areas opt out at will.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
As already stated... my opinion is we have to plan and think regionally. We can't let small areas opt out at will.
You have to remember, you're in Georgia, which if I can recall, is the state with the most counties. Local governments, specifically county governments want as much power as possible and don't like to be governed by others.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
You have to remember, you're in Georgia, which if I can recall, is the state with the most counties. Local governments, specifically county governments want as much power as possible and don't like to be governed by others.
I'm very aware.

I'm also aware they tried to opt out of the TSPLOST tax.

In the future as we move forward on other types of state-level funding legislation. I don't want them to be able to opt out... but I want them to get their correct-sized fair share.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,234,743 times
While I respect the opinions of Fayette county commissioners and residents not wanting any transit -- I still thought they would at least consider having an X-press bus route in light of the new movie studio development and a SCAD campus potentially being built there.

My husband and I did some house shopping in Fayette County several years ago. Although we saw several homes that we liked, my husband didn't want to live in an area that was located that far from a train station or freeway.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:06 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,989,964 times
Fayette County wants to talk crap about how 'mismanaged' MARTA is and blah about transit, but didn't they just close 4 schools because their planners built too many schools and even then closing those close won't solve their budget shortfall. Talk about mismanagement!
Its an aging suburb, avg. resident age, that is going to have a tough time finding new blood unless they bring greater opportunity than driving 40 miles to work one-way.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:39 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,266,919 times
Quote:
Who cares? Why does it matter to you so much? There's nothing of importance in Fayette county anyway. They are an irrelevant county in the metro Atlanta area. As long as Transit extends into further parts of Fulton, Dekalb, Gwinnett, and Cobb, its fine. Maybe Rockdale too. Outside of that, I could give 2 sh*ts about going into a boring, dull, characterless, conservative, suburb like Fayette Co.
Congrats on attempting an inflammatory statement. You are welcome to not enjoy the peace and quiet, open spaces, and nice folks down here. With that said, I don't think you would fit in.

I bet you are one of those people who think they are tolerant too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta