Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 08:04 PM

41 posts, read 79,564 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are possibly going to relocate to GA. from NJ in the next 6 months of year. We have done a little research on Roswell and Alpharetta and someone told me to look into Peachtree and Duluth cities?

Can anyone tell me about these 2 locales? What are they like - pros and cons?

Here in NJ we are used to tree lined neighborhoods. In our town we can walk downtown and to the park. Are Duluth and Peachtree like this or if anyone can recommend any similar towns near the Atlanta area?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 09:40 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,818,162 times
I relocated to Suwanee (next to Duluth) from NJ several years ago. For the most part, you'll find subdivisions in this area. There is housing in the walkable areas, but it's quite different from NJ. Where we live, we need a car; cannot walk any place. Roswell is definitely more like NJ (what town are you from?). I'm sure there are more towns similar to what you describe and I'm sure someone will suggest a few.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:21 AM

41 posts, read 79,564 times
Default Where from

We are from the Union County NJ area in or around towns such as Cranford, Westfield, Scotch Plains and Kenilworth. So we're used to towns such as these.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:04 AM

2,118 posts, read 6,384,737 times

The only city in the metro area that makes me think of New Jersey (granted, I've never lived there) is Buford.
I compared some pictures I took of Downtown Buford to some pics a friend took of downtown Metutchen and there are some definite similarities. They even have the same trees growing in parts (Zelkovas). And coming home from dinner at the restuarants in downtown buford I am always thinking of that scene in Meet The Parents where Greg and Robert Deniro's character are trying to race home.
The demographics of the city are way way different and the architectural styles of the homes are very different but if you look at it from the right angle, you could, at least for a brief while, forget where you are.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM

738 posts, read 1,379,161 times
You might also take a look at Roswell and Norcross, both of which have walkable downtown areas and more of a neighborhood vibe than subdivisions.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 AM

744 posts, read 2,485,365 times
Peachtree City is a walk able town in the sense that the golf cart paths go everywhere .But it was designed to be widespread with no centralized downtown like most towns have.You have to see it to really appreciate what I am trying to describe .
Nearby Senoia, on the other hand , has a beautiful and very walk able down town area.Several restaurants , bars, coffee houses,cute stores .It is well worth exploring as a possibility .

Old 09-19-2012, 10:30 AM

35 posts, read 88,465 times
We visited Peachtree City in July, and it was a nice town- but an odd layout. In the 5 days we spent there, I was constantly lost and turned around, because there isn't a really "central" area. There are LOTS of trees, and it's beautiful on the golf cart paths. You can walk a lot of places because of the trails. There isn't a center-city type of area, though, and the city feels more like a couple of main (busy) roads with nice little areas hidden off of them. It's hard to get the feel for the layout because of the lack of elevation- everything is flat- but I really liked that town!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:35 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,779,401 times
If you are looking at the north end of Atlanta - I don't think you want Peachtree City (which is the full name of the city).

I believe you are talking about Peachtree Corners which is the city that is near Duluth and Norcross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta