Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 04:34 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,797,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Why shouldn't Coke stay where they are and renovate? Isn't that the responsible thing to do? Heck, if I were a stockholder of these companies I'd be glad that they weren't out buying "signature" skyscrapers for no real reason other than the "hey, that would be kinda cool" proposed on here.
I agree Building a signature tower is so 1990's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 10:42 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,170,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
That true, even Delta possible could have had a tower downtown, but Marcus from Home Depot did give like millions of dollars to build the GA aquarium.
No, the aquarium was Bernie Marcus alone. It has other corporate sponsors, among them unsurprisingly is Home Depot, who in turn can advertise in the aquarium.

And yes, Delta could have a downtown tower but apparently they don't think they need one. Remember that these companies are first and foremost a business. They can't be profligate with their stockholder's money just to boost Atlanta's image. Atlanta is not who they serve.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:43 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,170,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
I agree Building a signature tower is so 1990's
Times were good then in America.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 PM

32,061 posts, read 37,005,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
And yes, Delta could have a downtown tower but apparently they don't think they need one. Remember that these companies are first and foremost a business. They can't be profligate with their stockholder's money just to boost Atlanta's image. Atlanta is not who they serve.
Good points, Mathman. I can't imagine what Delta would gain by building an office building downtown. They are an airport-based business and in my opinion they are wise to stay close to their operations.

Not to mention that Delta was in bankruptcy from 2005-2007.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:39 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,484,930 times
Does anyone actually know how Dallas Based Pepsi building looks and compare to our Atlanta based Coke building?

Old 07-30-2012, 09:37 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,929,074 times
Quote:
Does anyone actually know how Dallas Based Pepsi building looks and compare to our Atlanta based Coke building?
PepsiCo is headquartered in Purchase, NY, not Dallas. Frito-Lay which is part of PepsiCo has its headquarters in suburban Plano, TX in a low rise surburban style campus near the national headquarters of JCPenney, also a low rise suburban corporate campus and not far from the former EDS headquarters (now Hewlett Packard) in another low rise suburban corporate campus. No signature towers here.

Oh, Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group is in the same vicinity and in a very mundane suburban office building. Atl least JC Penney, Frito Lay and EDS have some massive spreads and are quite impressive even without being towers.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:54 AM

169 posts, read 435,816 times
Quote:

With the magic of google I present you Pepsi HQ (in the middle of what was a cow field a few years ago)

http://www.trammellcrowlegacy.com/_images/aos3.jpg

Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpcbd View Post
With the magic of google I present you Pepsi HQ (in the middle of what was a cow field a few years ago)

http://www.trammellcrowlegacy.com/_images/aos3.jpg
Once again, PepsiCo headquarters is in Purchase NY. I can't open this here at work, but I am assuming this is a picture of Frito-Lay's headquarters. Was an arm of PepsiCo at one time, but is now considered under just the Frito-Lay name. It is at least 20 years old, was built in the late 80s.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:16 PM

32,061 posts, read 37,005,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
...Frito-Lay which is part of PepsiCo has its headquarters in suburban Plano, TX ...
I remember when Lay's was headquartered here before they merged with Frito in the 1960s. Another great homegrown Atlanta success story.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I remember when Lay's was headquartered here before they merged with Frito in the 1960s. Another great homegrown Atlanta success story.

I had forgotten that piece of info. Too bad a hometown product has to be aligned with Pepsi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta