Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:30 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,069,513 times

Advertisements

It happens.

Charlie Brown of the Charlie Brown Cabaret lives somewhere else, Lawrenceville I think.

And Dean from the Impotent Sea Snakes lives in Alpharetta.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blondie doesn't even live in Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 06:51 PM

39 posts, read 133,956 times
I saw him this afternoon in Midtown at the corner of Peachtree and 15th Street looking FABULOUS!

Old 06-27-2013, 10:51 PM

950 posts, read 3,193,442 times
Baton Bob was arrested and now he is out of jail: Baton Bobâ™ gets out of jail | www.ajc.com

Old 06-28-2013, 07:07 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,224,340 times
He performed at my friend's wedding a few years ago.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:07 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,888,405 times
Saw him at the Inman Park Fest and in Midtown several times this year.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:08 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,224,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
A unique character for sure.

I'm still upset that after so many years in Atlanta, I have never seen the famed "bicycle shorts man."
I used to live on Briarcliff close to the Ponce intersection. I used to see him every morning on my way to work waiting for the bus. And I never saw him NOT wearing bike shorts lol.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:16 AM

3,875 posts, read 4,703,581 times
Baton Bob was arrested at noon on Wednesday after a runin with security guards who warned him to stay off of the Colony Place property & apparently had done so previously. I originally assumed that the writeup in the police report was innacurate & that the arresting officer meant Colony Square but I later found out that it was actually at the Campanile Building.
I do not know whether he was inside the building or out on the street. If on the street, how can you be told to leave the properrty by security guards if the sidewalks are city property?
I'd definitely like to know more about what really happened. Does anyone have access to the entire story?

Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,888,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Baton Bob was arrested at noon on Wednesday after a runin with security guards who warned him to stay off of the Colony Place property & apparently had done so previously. I originally assumed that the writeup in the police report was innacurate & that the arresting officer meant Colony Square but I later found out that it was actually at the Campanile Building.
I do not know whether he was inside the building or out on the street. If on the street, how can you be told to leave the properrty by security guards if the sidewalks are city property?
I'd definitely like to know more about what really happened. Does anyone have access to the entire story?
Better details on CL.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:49 AM

3,875 posts, read 4,703,581 times
The link to the Baton Bob story at Creative Loafing took me right back to the updated story at the AJC which I've already read.
I'd still like to know more as I noted here earlier. Was the wednesday incident on private property or city sidewalks & what took place in his previous episode with security at that same building?
Something about the whole thing irks me as being strikingly heavy-handed. I work across the street from where he was arrested & have seen him performing at 14th & Peachtree & nearby plenty of times & don't understand what all of the fuss was that originally led the private security guards to have asked him to not come on the property in the first incident that preceded this one.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:58 AM

23,483 posts, read 44,134,843 times
My understanding is that this was an APD officer that probably knew who was on duty and patrolling nearby. Baton Bob was probably jacked up on celebrating the decision by the Supremes and threw off attitude when confronted, but I doubt he threatened anyone with violence. Nor do I believe this incident merited a trip to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta