Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,594 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with this new alpharetta subdivision ? It's about .5 miles south of Northpoint and kimball br rd.

We looked at it over the weekend and really like it. The location is a decent compromise between commuting to downtown and being in a good school disctrict.

Was wondering is anyone knows more about this subdiv or know anyone who has bought or planning to buy there.

Thnx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 04:20 PM

3 posts, read 10,727 times
MDX- Sterling brooke is selling very fast for the reason's you've mentioned above. We were looking to buy in the area for while now and are very close to signing a contract there. We also looked at a Sharp subdiv a few miles down the Kimball br rd but backed out due to :
- some lots are right under the high voltage power lines passing thru the subdivision ( you cansee my thread post)
- Sterling brooke is in a much better location - closer to 400. If you buy in Kimball estates you will definately hit the school traffic on kimball br rd. ( i live in the area, i did a few test runs to validate this
- a vast majority of new residents are indian american's. not an issue I guess but, I don't think such a subdiv will age well. No offence to any race or minority here but I wud feel the same way if I was buying into a subdiv in which 8/10 belong to a certain ethenic group.
- Pulte has just a handful of floorplans ( i think 3 ) , the sharp subdiv will present you with much more options. But on the flip side, I find the Sterling brooke pricing to be more competitive. I think 350-400's is a very good price point to buy into right now esp with the recession talk going around.

Feel free to PM me if you want further details and all the best

Last edited by admperk; 08-24-2011 at 04:35 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,774 times
I agree with the above but as an Indian american myself, I would caution the OP that most of the 'new' subdivisions will have a large concentration of asians/indians.
This has mostly to do with the fact that Indians are not a very handy bunch, and buying a new construction gives us the comfort of enjoying a new home with minimal upkeep.

Those were just my 2 cents. I would also suggest looking at resale homes ( esp bank owned) , which still provide a great value in this market.

I live around the northpoint area and would not hesitate to buy in the Sterling brooke subdivision. Its a great location and good value. Although, with big name builders, you get better deals by waiting till the community is close to being completly sold out.

I know ppl that bought Sharp subdivisions in S Forsyth, and they usually charge more compared to retail builders like Pulte, Ashton woods etc...

Old 08-30-2011, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,594 times
Thanks Zoyark ! Appreciate your comments.

We did think about tapping into the foreclosure market but after a couple of months , realized that its hard to find any good ones in our desired school districts.

So far , we love Sterling brooke .....lets see how things shape up .

Old 11-24-2011, 08:29 AM

2 posts, read 3,874 times
Is Sterling brooke good for investment or renting purpose? I am from virginia and want to buy a home in atlanta as we have future plants to move to atlanta. we saw houses in cumming, suwanee areas also. can anyone suggest any good community in alpharatta area?

Old 11-25-2011, 06:43 PM

17,625 posts, read 22,387,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyark View Post
I agree with the above but as an Indian american myself, I would caution the OP that most of the 'new' subdivisions will have a large concentration of asians/indians.
This has mostly to do with the fact that Indians are not a very handy bunch, and buying a new construction gives us the comfort of enjoying a new home with minimal upkeep.

Zo

I think you just labelled a new stereotype for Indians I never considered!

Now everytime I got to Home Depot I will be on the lookout for Indians to validate your point! Your post made me laugh in a Seinfeld "What is the deal with Indians" type of way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta