Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 PM

16,690 posts, read 29,506,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinginAlpharetta View Post
I will be relocating to Alpharetta ... We purchased a home in Country Club of the South ...
So that you are aware--

The Country Club of the South is now officially in the city of Johns Creek.

The Country Club of the South
Johns Creek, Georgia

Country Club of the South / Clubs / Home - ClubCorp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 11:00 PM

5 posts, read 26,507 times
Hey Everybody,

I figured I would let everybody know we decided to go with Woodward Academy! We believe it it the best choice for the type of education we wanted our children to receive. Even though the school is kind of far from where we live there is a bus. I am definitely going to get a nanny though when I move there because I will need help with getting the children around. Hopefully all of their friends will be north of the city!, but with my luck I bet they will all be friends with kids down in Peachtree City and Fayetteville. Does anybody know what is the best route to get from Country Club of the South to Woodward(college park) during am and pm rush hour? Is it better to get on the perimeter and stay on that or go through downtown atlanta?

Thanks!
(oh and I know CCOS is technically Johns Creek but I always just say Alpharetta because even people in CA have heard of Alpharetta, somebody did know Johns Creek though because of the Real Housewives of Atlanta, lol)

Old 08-09-2015, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 955 times
This is great post and perfect for my situation.
However i have some follow up questions as well.
I live in cumming and enrolled kids in woodward 6th and 3rd grade - north campus. but considering to move to be closer to college park, since from next year north campus is not an option.
I work in buckhead. Husband can WFH quite a bit but travels once in a while.
However i think it would be best live closer to school than my work but i understand college park is not best place to live.
With that said, could somebody advise on best places to live around the area.
Currently considering Buckhead and Mid town - not because we have preference for those 2 areas but because we don't know where else to look.
Please advise

Old 08-09-2015, 12:40 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A A A View Post
Currently considering Buckhead and Mid town - not because we have preference for those 2 areas but because we don't know where else to look.
Please advise
I would add Brookhaven and Morningside to the list.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:45 PM

16,690 posts, read 29,506,412 times
Many of the intown neighborhoods. Look on the east and southeast side.

Also...Historic College Park is very nice. Look into it.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:52 PM
bu2

24,073 posts, read 14,869,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Many of the intown neighborhoods. Look on the east and southeast side.

Also...Historic College Park is very nice. Look into it.
Some people move down to College Park near the school. You should drive around if schools aren't an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta