Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,062 times

Advertisements

In about a month I'm moving to Atlanta from Orlando due to a job transfer. My work office will be located at 1000 Abernathy Road (I believe this is Sandy Springs, but very close to Dunwoody). I've done some internet research on housing but haven't made a house hunting trip yet. I need some help identifying some areas to focus my search. My criteria is as follows:

-Just me and my cat
-1 year lease
-Budget up to $2,000 per month
-Looking for at least two bedroom
-I'd prefer a townhome or a nicer condo complex. I'm coming from a house, and like having some space. If a condo I'd like some covered parking
-I'd prefer a place that is somewhat quiet
-I'd like restaurants and retail close (walkability not a huge deal)
-Access to bars/nightlife is not a priority (have a girlfriend who will be moving up with me in a year)
-I will be doing quite a bit of travel so access to MARTA for trips to the airport is important
-I'd like to keep my commute to the office to a minimum

I understand that Dunwoody and Sandy Springs are very nice areas so I focused my search there but haven't found a whole lot thus far. Are there other areas I should consider? I'd really like to not live in apartment, but if that's what it comes to, what are the nicer complexes? Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: