Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:40 PM

17 posts, read 70,387 times

Advertisements

Can you please give me some info about Kennesaw? Is it child friendly? Things for families to do together? Bugs?? Weather? Any useful tidbits.
Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 11:20 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,682,424 times
ummm... born and raised in Acworth/Kennesaw. 'It's the law in Kennesaw'. Doesn't really matter anymore you yankees have taken over. But, Kennesaw is nice, clean, semi-close to downtown outside of rush hour.

Very child friendly, Cantrell Park, Adams Park, etc. Civil War Museum, Kennesaw Mtn, but most people think we're rednecks b/c we wanted to secede from the union. Vermont is trying it now.

We don't want blacks, mexicans, and everyone not white according to these boards, we're not diverse enough but blame it on the whites.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:58 AM

434 posts, read 1,737,269 times
Kennesaw is a nice area but I usually think of it more as a college area than a family area. There are a lot of bugs in the Atlanta area but it can't be helped in a warm humid climate. Can you give more info? Rent or buy? etc.
Also search this forum for Kennesaw and you will find tons of info.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:24 PM

17 posts, read 70,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawson26 View Post
Kennesaw is a nice area but I usually think of it more as a college area than a family area. There are a lot of bugs in the Atlanta area but it can't be helped in a warm humid climate. Can you give more info? Rent or buy? etc.
Also search this forum for Kennesaw and you will find tons of info.
Hi clawson26,
we currently live in southwest fl, we are looking to buy but not right away. My husband is a computer programmer and the jobs are few and far between in that field here. I on the other hand am a nurse so my profession is perfectly suited for SW FL, ha ha. Our children are 16, 9, 6 and 11 months. Our oldest was born and raised here, but there really isn't anything for children her age to do. As you can imagine our weather is also hot and humid, but I was wondering if it is worse there being farther away from the coast? Also we have lots of bugs! Can't let the baby down in the grass. Do you have red ants? Love Bugs? I'm sure I'll think of alot more to ask but thats all for now.
Thank you for your help.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSELLZOO View Post

Hi clawson26,
we currently live in southwest fl, we are looking to buy but not right away. My husband is a computer programmer and the jobs are few and far between in that field here. I on the other hand am a nurse so my profession is perfectly suited for SW FL, ha ha. Our children are 16, 9, 6 and 11 months. Our oldest was born and raised here, but there really isn't anything for children her age to do. As you can imagine our weather is also hot and humid, but I was wondering if it is worse there being farther away from the coast? Also we have lots of bugs! Can't let the baby down in the grass. Do you have red ants? Love Bugs? I'm sure I'll think of alot more to ask but thats all for now.
Thank you for your help.
This link will show you a weather comparison for Sarasota FL (Just guessing) and Kennesaw. As you can see it is much cooler here a lot of the year. We probably don't have quite as many bugs as you do but we have a lot. We have many different kinds of ants but I haven't had too much trouble keeping them out of my yard. I don't think you'll have trouble anywhere near Atlanta finding things for the kids to do. Kennesaw would be a nice place to rent so you can become more familiar with all of your options and also where you will be working. Commuting can be a terror if you live too far from where you will be working. However, if you know where you and your hubby might be working and a price range, you will get a million suggestions as to where to live.

Climatology Comparison for Kennesaw, GA (30144) - weather.com=

Old 07-06-2007, 12:53 AM

481 posts, read 2,822,499 times
I don't know about bugs... I go outside all the time and honestly, I can't even remember the last time a mosquito bit me and I actually noticed. There are other bugs that fly around that you notice occasionally but nothing that will actually bother you.

In most of the metro area anyway.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 AM

115 posts, read 541,436 times
GT6974A, Is that true about what you are saying because Im black and I was thinking of moving to Kennesaw. Is Kennesaw not a diverse area?

Old 07-08-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKI View Post
GT6974A, Is that true about what you are saying because Im black and I was thinking of moving to Kennesaw. Is Kennesaw not a diverse area?
Kennesaw IS a diverse area. Think about it....the college is there! That brings people from all over the city, country, and world!

Old 07-08-2007, 10:14 AM

481 posts, read 2,822,499 times
Kennesaw State University is a massive college of around 30,000.

Over 70% of KSU is made up of white students from Cobb, Cherokee, and the nearby counties. It's certainly not as diverse as Georgia Tech or something.

However overall, Kennesaw has fairly regular demographics. Mostly white with the rest being split among blacks, hispanics, and asians.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:44 AM

894 posts, read 4,350,309 times
I saw an article today in my old hometown newspaper, The Miami Herald, that family circle magazine listed top places to live. Kennesaw was on the list...Hope I am not infringing any copyrights!

A national magazine has taken the measure of Cooper City and found it lives up to its motto, Something Special.

Family Circle, due on newsstands Tuesday, has named Cooper City one of the top 10 places in the country to raise a family.

It lists the city seventh after Castle Rock, Colo.; Diamond Bar, Calif.; Morton Grove, Ill.; Cedar Park, Texas; Derby, Kan.; and Kennesaw, Ga.

Madison, Mo.; Franklin, Mass.; and Chanhassen, Minn., finish the list.

Family Circle hired On Board, a New York research firm that provides real estate and demographic data, to look at 1,850 cities nationwide with populations of 15,000 to 150,000 and median incomes of $65,000. They narrowed the list to about 800, and Family Circle staff further evaluated cities on family-friendly criteria, including cost of living, jobs, schools, healthcare, air quality, green space and crime rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta