Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:00 AM

563 posts, read 2,781,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawson26 View Post
Kennesaw IS a diverse area. Think about it....the college is there! That brings people from all over the city, country, and world!
It's fairly diverse.

A good friend of mine (half PR half black), her husband (black) and her son (half white half black) live there. We all hang out in various places in Kennesaw and not once has anyone looked at us sideways.

My cousin lives nearby in Acworth and shops in Kennesaw regularly..plus her son attends school in Kennesaw. Not once has she told me about anyone looking at her sideways as if she doesn't belong there.

I'd live there in a heartbeat if it wasn't so far from the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 01:12 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,702,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKI View Post
GT6974A, Is that true about what you are saying because Im black and I was thinking of moving to Kennesaw. Is Kennesaw not a diverse area?
I was poking fun at all the diverse complaints all over this board.

Just go to greatschools.net and look at the demographics for the schools, you'll see it's plenty diverse.

I graduated from North Cobb High School (Kennesaw) in 96, we maybe had 15% blacks and few hispanics. Now just look at the stats, there's plenty of everyone now.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:44 PM

85 posts, read 225,232 times
I am currently a resident of Marietta who will be moving to Kennesaw next year. Please know that there is diversity. However we must as humans stop focusing on such matters.

We are each free to live anywhere that we choose. In my view as long as my neighbor is clean, quiet and respectful I do not care what race, religion or creed that they are.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:23 PM

17 posts, read 70,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic View Post
I am currently a resident of Marietta who will be moving to Kennesaw next year. Please know that there is diversity. However we must as humans stop focusing on such matters.

We are each free to live anywhere that we choose. In my view as long as my neighbor is clean, quiet and respectful I do not care what race, religion or creed that they are.
I agree Optimistic. I think the Family Circle survey took care of my original question (is Kennesaw family friendly?) Thank you everyone for all of your input.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:50 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,866,739 times
Keep in mind that Kennesaw also REQUIRES that you own and maintain a handgun in your home. So you need to go to the local range and get some practice before moving in!

Old 07-11-2007, 10:01 PM

17 posts, read 70,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Keep in mind that Kennesaw also REQUIRES that you own and maintain a handgun in your home. So you need to go to the local range and get some practice before moving in!
Thank you KevK. I actually like that about Kennesaw. I think criminals are going to think twice about going into a house if they believe the homeowner has a gun.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:46 PM

52 posts, read 213,413 times
Default Difference between 30144 and 30152

I am married, with 2 kids, (9 & 4 ... and I have one on the way.). After searching Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Marietta, and even S. Fulton at nauseum, I am venturing further north into Kennesaw...due to my price range. I am looking for a 4 bdrm single family, no more than $200k. On the net, I have found several good prospects well within my price range, and to my surprise these homes, although older, are move-in ready.

I have just started looking into Kennesaw, and would like to know if there is a vast difference betwwen the zip codes 30144 and 30152.

Is there a "good" part of town, a better school district, etc...?

What parts of Kennesaw are considered the most "sought after" or "desireable".

Old 01-20-2008, 07:36 PM

16,737 posts, read 29,753,278 times
Default Handgun requirement within Kennesaw city limits only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
However, remember the handgun requirement is only within the city limits of Kennesaw (a relatively small area). Unincorportated Kennesaw, on the other hand, covers a huge part of Northwest Cobb County...stretching from Canton Hwy in East Cobb all the way down to around Harrison High School and Lost Mountain Middle School (in far West Cobb).

Old 01-21-2008, 06:49 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,811,144 times
Smyrna and Marietta are more diverse than Kenessaw, however Kenessaw is becoming more diverse. It's good for children, but you may have to drive them around everywhere since it's more suburban than other areas and they may not be able to just walk to a park with their friends. Just like East Cobb and anywhere in the outer metro, if you are a fan of sprawling suburbs, then it's for you. Also, if you're commuting to downtown, it's going to be a bit more painful than the inner metro. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEsquire View Post
After searching Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Marietta, and even S. Fulton at nauseum, I am venturing further north
Kennessaw is actually about the same distance North as Alpharetta and much closer in than Johns Creek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEsquire View Post
What parts of Kennesaw are considered the most "sought after" or "desireable".
The most sought after (if market value is an indication) are right around Kenessaw Mountain, but they won't be in the price range you mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta