Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 03:56 PM

129 posts, read 659,312 times

Advertisements

Can anyone here tell me the good and or bad about Legacy park neighborhood in Kennesaw?? And what about the schools that would feed into?
Any info would be great TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2006, 05:01 PM

321 posts, read 1,556,479 times
Legacy Park is this nice planned community with a dozen or so individual neighborhoods. They probably range in price from under $200K up to $500K, maybe a bit more. It's nice, somewhat sterile with the HOA. There is a walking path going all the way around the perimeter, and they've included nature trails, and there's a nice size lake, just to make it pretty. There's pool, tennis, clubhouse, etc. There's a little village at the front which has a restaurant or two, beauty salon, dog groomer, a few other things. Very nice if you like that sort of thing.

Getting there is another story. There is one road in and out. It's a two lane road, but they've done a whole lot of building along this road and it backs up incredibly. I won't go near it after 3 in the afternoon, until about 7. Right now they're putting in a traffic light right at the entrance to LP and have added turn lanes, but it will probably still back up a lot. It's about 3-4 miles from I-75, but it will probably take 15-20 minutes just to get to the interstate in the AM or PM rush. Leave prior to 6:30 AM or after 10.

I believe the high school is North Cobb, which is OK but not one of the better ones in the county. I don't have kids so I don't pay much attention to the schools, but we have others here who know better.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:32 AM

129 posts, read 659,312 times
Where are all the Kenessaw folks?? Please give me info on legacy park s/d... looking for what the "locals" think of this neighborhood?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 15,518 times
Hi! I have lived in Legacy Park for over 10 years. We love it along with our children. We have a full-time activities director that plans a lot of activities. We have 5 pools, 12 tennis courts, basketball courts, walking trails, baseball field, band stand and a amphitheatre. We have Soccer ( children and Mens) Lacrosse, Tennis, T-ball, Mom's groups, Men's groups, Ladies Groups , Swim Teams and Bunko. You literally do not have to go outside of Legacy for sports activities. We just go down to our town green by walking.
This past weekend we had a pool party for the 8-12 year olds and then on Saturday night we had an outdoor movie playing. Almost everything is free to the residents on the events. We will have about 6 concerts during the summer months and 3-4 movies. Easter Egg hunts, Octoberfest, Lighting of the Christmas tree, huge Fourth of July party , along with a lot of other events. Our activity director is kept very busy.

We also have a new Irish pub opening up outrside of Legacy Park so if you want a place to eat you can either walk or drive. I'm not sure who Sharon R. is but the tone she set for Legacy Park is definitely not the way most think of Legacy Park. We have had 4 people that we know move out into newer subdivisions and they were sorry that they did. They even said that they did not realize what they were missing.
The Traffic-- Well yes, traffic is bad, but where in Atlanta is it not bad. The good thing is that Jiles road is scheduled to be widened. But where else can you find a subdivision with a 110 acre park area nestled in a community within 4 minutes of I-75. It is a real easy access. I hope I gave you some good information.
Thanks, Sandy

Old 04-23-2008, 11:18 PM

4 posts, read 34,989 times
Default Legacy Park

Hi Gasatama,
HOw are you? Which elementary school do the children in the subdivision go to? In your opinion how is the school and do they have good programs ie science, cub scouts, etc. I am relocating to GA from NY and Kennesaw is on the top of our list. Just wanted get more specific feedback. My sons are 7 and 9.
Thanks for your response.

Also, who is the builder for the community, is it John Weiland? And is $200 -$500 and accurate price range for those homes. Also, are the homes very close to each other.

thanks.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:00 AM

78 posts, read 368,048 times
I live in the neighborhood behind Legacy Park. I play tennis there a lot. It is a great subdivision with a lot of activities for adults and children.

Kennesaw elementary (K-2) and Big Shanty (3-5) would be the elementary schools that your children would attend.

My daughter is at Big Shanty now. We loved Kennesaw Elementary. My daughter had great teachers and a wonderful experience. This is out first year at Big Shanty and so far we have been pleased. There seems to be a lot of parent involvement at both schools.

My daughter is apart of a girl scout troop and I have friends who have cub scouts. There are a ton of activities for children all over this area.

Check out the Kennesaw Parks and Recreation site for info on all of the summer camps.

I am not sure who the builder is in Legacy Park but 500K will get you a very nice home in this are.
Good Luck!

Old 01-29-2011, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 10,811 times
Default Legacy Park 2011

My family and I are moving to Cobb county and Kennesaw is at the top of our list. We really like what we have read about Legacy Park, but the post seem to be from a few years ago. Can anyone give me any updated info about the neighborhood? My wife and I will be moving with our two girls (2 and newborn). We are a young family, both my wife and I are 25. I will be attending Life Chiropractic College in Marietta. Would this be a good location? Thanks

Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 AM

15 posts, read 60,243 times
Legacy Park is a very nice area. Depending on where you are from you may get a little ribbing from those outside the state that know about Kennesaw's firearm law.

Sec. 34-21. - Heads of households to maintain firearms.
(a)
In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.
(b)
Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

http://library.municode.com/HTML/12813/level3/PTIICOOR_CH34CIEM_ARTIIFI.html#PTIICOOR_CH34CIEM_A RTIIFI_S34-21HEHOMAFI]ARTICLE[/url] II. - FIREARMS

Old 02-02-2011, 11:53 AM

15 posts, read 60,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnfc7 View Post
My family and I are moving to Cobb county and Kennesaw is at the top of our list. We really like what we have read about Legacy Park, but the post seem to be from a few years ago. Can anyone give me any updated info about the neighborhood? My wife and I will be moving with our two girls (2 and newborn). We are a young family, both my wife and I are 25. I will be attending Life Chiropractic College in Marietta. Would this be a good location? Thanks

More than likely you will be taking I-75 south from Kennesaw to Life University. It's about 15 miles. Traffic can be a bear during the busiest of rush hours. Kennesaw is a GREAT middle income area to live in. Town Center Mall is close by with all the additional shops and restaurants a mall area would have. Crime is low, the people friendly, and Cobb County has some of the best schools in the state.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:01 PM

16,686 posts, read 29,502,859 times
ohmygodlovelegacypark...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta