Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:29 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times

Advertisements

The answer is actually easy to figure out. As far as I am concerned, the world will end when I die. I will cease to be in it and cease to care about it. Simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,474,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
The answer is actually easy to figure out. As far as I am concerned, the world will end when I die. I will cease to be in it and cease to care about it. Simple.
Totally understood. I have thought of it this way too. Only thing is, YOUR world will end but humanity will keep living...until each person meets their own fate.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:14 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Totally understood. I have thought of it this way too. Only thing is, YOUR world will end but humanity will keep living...until each person meets their own fate.

Didn't you know? I created humanity in my head to keep me company.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:03 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Didn't you know? I created humanity in my head to keep me company.
Don't want to derail this thread . . . but you have no idea how true what you just said probably is.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:25 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,474,533 times
The world is a different place to every single one of us. So yeah, I guess creating your own life is in fact creating your own reality. My reality is exempt from obeying rules from ancient mythology, while others do it every Sunday.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,897,469 times
It better be true this time because I'm tired of buying new "Its the end of world...and this time I mean it" tee-shirts.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:42 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
tijlover wrote:
Quote:
Being a follower of Astrology, Neptune transits, there's speculation the end could come during Neptune's transit of war-like Aries, somewhere in the 2020's.

At any rate, I feel the clock is ticking on this cruel, sadistic laboratory experiment called the human race, being performed by sadistic aliens for their sadistic entertainment?
Hmmm, yeah, that makes sense, I don't know why I never thought of it. By the way, what is a tij and why do you love them?

Last edited by MontanaGuy; 03-05-2009 at 05:00 PM..

Old 03-05-2009, 04:47 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,394,590 times
........and how do you know the world didn't end on all of those dates? According to some physicists, we live in 11 deminsions, and/or there are an infinite number of realities. So.......how do you know any of those predictions were/are wrong?

Old 03-09-2009, 12:16 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
The thing is that if the end of the world happens, so what? We can't stand around afterwards and complain about it. So why waste energy and time trying to figure out when?

I had a sister in law that was convinced that the Rapture was coming and she would be one of those taken up while the rest of us suffered because we didn't live right. Well, she developed cancer and was given only a few weeks to live. The woman may have died from fright, for while she was ready for the Rapture, she was not prepared to just die like everyone else. She literally yelled and fought until she was too weak to do more than just lie there and die. What was it about death that frightened her so? Did she not really believe she was "saved?"

I think the belief in the End of the World or the Rapture is one of those things that some people need to prove that they are better than everyone else. You know, what I mean, "I'm headed for a better place, and you aren't." It's like children on a playground.

And yes, I think that at sometime, this earth, as we know it will be destroyed. Whether the sun will explode or a huge meteor will hit.... maybe an earth wide plague of some sort. Next week? next million years? No one knows and no one will ever know.
I suspect some people may die in self defense, get really tired of listening to christers preach.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
I suspect some people may die in self defense, get really tired of listening to christers preach.

don't say that. another threat is communications descending to ordinary chatroom level.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism